PDA

View Full Version : Banggai vs lubbock's wrasse territoriality

Delphinus
08-03-2005, 05:24 AM
Would you have anticipated an issue with this pairing in a 90g?

danny zubot
08-03-2005, 02:28 PM
I can only speak for my experience with a Bangaii in competition with my old lionfish. It didn't faze the cardinal at all that the lion was 4 times his size, he still faught to the bitter end.....and lost of course. How the wrasse will fair depends on how big it is I guess.

christyf5
08-03-2005, 04:51 PM
My cardinal is a big wuss and gets out of everybodys way. Nobody bullies him but then he doesn't bully anyone either. Oh and he hates the tunze I have in my tank. I think he'd prefer calmer waters (and probly calmer tank mates too :wink:)

Christy :)

Delphinus
08-03-2005, 04:59 PM
For the most part, my new banggai seems to be trying to stay on everyone's good side. But the wrasse, who previously never came out of the rock for fear the sky may fall on his head, seemingly hates the new arrival. He comes out, turns white as snow, then goes berserk chasing the cardinal and swimming circles around him.

There doesn't seem to be any contact so there's no damage (as of yet) to either fish, but, what worries me is how wrasses can get so excitable (and then jump).

Willow
08-03-2005, 05:00 PM
i have a lubbocks and a bangii in the same 90, never seen any aggression towards each other. it might me because the bangii is the size of a golf ball :mrgreen: the only time i have ever seen the lubbocks show any aggression at all is when one of the other wrasses gets to close to mrs lubbocks, then he does the snow dance.

Snappy
08-04-2005, 07:01 AM
Best way to solve the problem is to buy a new wrasse with your pot of gold winnings. :razz: or
Get the cardinal a mate and it will do much better. They will spend most of their time together and the wrasse will most likely give up the chase.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-04-2005, 07:11 AM
Or "New tanks for everybody!" :biggrin: Then guaranteed no more aggression.

Anthony