PDA

View Full Version : Rotifer culture

Chin_Lee
07-28-2005, 06:39 AM
Is anybody culturing rotifers out there? My culture crashed awhile ago and my source (Anythony) has stopped culturing. So I'm looking for a small bottle to seed my culture if anybody has some to spare. PM me if you do and I"ll contact you. Thanks
Chin

Chad
07-28-2005, 06:42 AM
Is anybody culturing rotifers out there? My culture crashed awhile ago and my source (Anythony) has stopped culturing. So I'm looking for a small bottle to seed my culture if anybody has some to spare. PM me if you do and I"ll contact you. Thanks
Chin

IF you did not already throw out your crashed culture, "sometimes" and I stress sometimes, you can restart your own culture but correcting the conditions that made it crash. Rotifers can go back into their cyst form when things get out of wack. So if you correct the problem, voila you can sometimes rescue the crashed culture. I've done it a few times.. it doesn't always work though.

Unfortunately, due to my impending wedding and subsequent absence I have taken down my culture. Wish I could give ya what I had.. but its with the fishies now :)

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-28-2005, 06:48 AM
Psst. That's "Anthony" or "Hand-Toe-Knee" (according to comedienne CindyT) :lol:

Griffin
07-29-2005, 01:06 AM
:rofl: "Hand-Toe-Knee" :lol!:

Chin_Lee
08-02-2005, 06:06 AM
OK don't tell me there is nobody out there who has a culture of rotifers ???? Reminds me of a song......

"SOMMMMMEEEWHEERE OUT THERE....beneath the pale moonlight
Someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight......"

OK maybe not the loving me tonight part but sharing rotifers with me would be great...... i really only need a cup or so.

Mitch#3
08-04-2005, 02:24 AM
I havent got one but vivid reef sells live rotties in a bottle should be simple to culture them from the bottle talked to vivid they said it would work http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/details/food.php?product_ID=vd-rotl

OceanAquatics
08-08-2005, 06:20 AM
we have them at Ocean Aquatics as well.
https://www.oceanaquatics.com/index.php?cat_id=183&catname='Live%20Food'