PDA

View Full Version : reef and a planted tank in same room?

martym
07-28-2005, 03:20 AM
Would the Co2 in the planted tank cause a Ph crash in the reefs? Or should I keep them in seperate rooms?

Delphinus
07-28-2005, 04:14 AM
Considering if you have a calcium reactor, you're pumping CO2 into a reef tank, I doubt there'd be a serious issue. My guess, anyhow.

fishface
07-28-2005, 04:18 AM
i've got both in one room and never had any issuse...it's not likely the co2 from the planted tank would disolve into the reef tank...

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-28-2005, 04:46 AM
If its enough to affect another tank, you'd probably feel tired every time you looked at your tank from the excess CO2 & lack of O2.

JMO

Anthony

martym
07-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Thanks guys. :biggrin:

Ruth
07-29-2005, 02:47 AM
I know that there have been a couple of posts lately on one or two of the boards - probably reef central and ??? about how if you live in a new home that has good window and door seals the CO2 in the house does rise causing the PH to be a challenge to keep up. Some people have run their air line from their protien skimmers and other equipment outside to try and draw outside air in to help with the low PH. Don't know if having the planted tank in the same room would cause enough C02 to build up and effect your PH but it is probably something to watch if you don't have windows open etc.