View Full Version : My tiny reef

Samw
08-14-2002, 12:33 AM
http://www.hyperdream.com/~samw/reef/2002-08.Album/livingroom1.jpg

AJ_77
08-14-2002, 02:25 AM
First Response: "Where is it, in the TV?? The fireplace???"

Second Response: "How cool is THAT?!?"

Very nice Sam, I assume you own the place, and have some drywalling experience? At any rate, looks real fine, and at standing eye level!

Aj

Samw
08-14-2002, 02:54 AM
Thanks AJ. Yes, I own the Condo. Nope, don't have any drywalling experience before. But I do now. smile.gif smile.gif

Wait til winter time when I turn on the fireplace and post a pic of that. :eek: :D :eek:

[ 13 August 2002, 22:56: Message edited by: Sam W ]

BC_Grl
08-15-2002, 03:35 AM
Very nice, Sam. What room is behind it? Or is it a false wall/closet to hide everything?

Troy F
08-15-2002, 03:45 AM
That looks really good. I want your TV...frag it.

Mak
08-15-2002, 04:42 AM
Yeah, looks like a styl'n tank and pad Sam ;) . Any updated pics of your tank?, It looks a bit different from this view.

Gotta love those headphones that come with the T.V. eh!?!.

Troy, I'll try frag'n my 36" for ya :D tongue.gif ;) .

[ 15 August 2002, 00:46: Message edited by: MAK ]

Samw
08-15-2002, 05:15 AM
Hi Jeanna. My bedroom is behind that wall. smile.gif Yup, that wall has a double-sided/see-through fireplace and fishtank. So, I can watch my reef as I'm sleeping. I had fun designing and building it. smile.gif

Troy, my TV has got to go. It keeps distracting me from the real entertainment, my reef. :D

Mak, what headphones? Mine didn't come with any. Did yours? I got mine 2nd hand and this was the first model that ever came out. Its an FV1. I'll post updated tank pics for you in next thread.

[ 15 August 2002, 01:54: Message edited by: Sam W ]

reefburnaby
08-15-2002, 02:37 PM
Hi,

I think the headphones come with the XBR model...if you can afford that model smile.gif

Very nice setup through. Is there a sump/skimmer with that tank ?

- Victor.

[ 15 August 2002, 10:41: Message edited by: reefburnaby ]

Mak
08-15-2002, 09:48 PM
Actually mine is the KV-36FV27 (http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/wega/products/kv36fv27.html) . Not the XBR. Hehe didn't want to dish out another $1000 just for the High Def, which wouldn't have gotten any use anyways.

Just for the heck of it look on your remote for a button with headphones on it.

reefburnaby
08-16-2002, 12:59 AM
Hi,

You are right, Mak. When I bought my WEGA, they offered the headphones on the XBR. I guess things change over a couple of years.

Actually, FV1 isn't the first generation, but its the second generation WEGA. The first generation was an XBR...and it was practically a paper weight. It was only on the market for 6 months, but it had electrical and image problems -- all uncorrectable without expensive repairs. Let's say...it was worse than buying a cheap TV from Canadian Tire.

- Victor.

[ 15 August 2002, 21:01: Message edited by: reefburnaby ]

titus
08-16-2002, 01:47 AM
Hello,

Wow Sam, weren't you living in Richmond before? Very nice! Though I wonder why not a bigger hole! :D I've always wanted a house where everyone can wake up with a tank right next to them. Basically one of the walls will be a see through into the tank, with a super DSB from the floor up to the bed level. So you can lie on your bed and just stare at the critters and clams. lol.

Titus

Samw
08-16-2002, 02:20 AM
Titus, no, I never lived in Richmond. Just work there. Why not a bigger hole? Easy. There's a bedroom closet to the left and the fireplace's heat vent is on the right. smile.gif smile.gif

That floor-to-ceiling tank fantasy of yours is just weird!!! ;) I like it.

Victor, there's no sump but there is an AquaC Remora HOT skimmer.