PDA

View Full Version : Here's another question-acrylic?

Majestic_Aquariums
07-25-2005, 09:17 PM
So I got a little better price from Tenecor now, makes me start thinking it might not be a bad thought to go acrylic.

I could really use some advice from other acrylic owners here though.

I do have a 120 that I fixed up, and the scratches came out pretty good. What are the pros?

Clear, better insulated-stronger too I think. But how bad is it for you guy's (and gal's) that have one for a daily cleaning?

The acrylic @ Riverfront looks horrible with all those scratches-I DON'T want that.

I would think that would rule out magnetic cleaners?

StirCrazy
07-26-2005, 12:30 AM
you can get magnetic cleaners for acrylic, but make sure you don't catch any sand if you use sand. If I were to start all over again I would definatly go acrylic for a tank, light, clear, less prone to cracking from stand setups, you can drill your hols yourself and anywhere with in reason.....Hmmmm :mrgreen:

Steve

kari
07-26-2005, 12:47 AM
Does good old coraline scratch the surface when cleaning? That would be the only hangup I would have.

Majestic_Aquariums
07-26-2005, 02:46 AM
Yeah, I like the idea better all the time. (acrylic-may cause a divorse yet!)

I wish there was a "local" manufacturer though-would save lots in shipping. Does anyone know of one?

I am thinking to go BB with this tank, but scratches still concern me ALOT!
Getting the coraline off may not be fun.

StirCrazy
07-26-2005, 04:20 AM
Yeah, I like the idea better all the time. (acrylic-may cause a divorse yet!)

I wish there was a "local" manufacturer though-would save lots in shipping. Does anyone know of one?

I am thinking to go BB with this tank, but scratches still concern me ALOT!
Getting the coraline off may not be fun.

you can sand out scratches even when the tank is full. but if you are like me and get lazy on your glass cleaning then go glass, but if you are giving the inside a clean every day then acrylic should be no problem.

Steve