PDA

View Full Version : what happened to my post?

kellehar
07-25-2005, 08:09 AM
Just wondering why my post was takin down? There wasnt anything offensive in it. Is it wrong to give members another choice of where to get group orders from? I dont work for this store. Just a customer passing info on to my fellow local reefs on a place that has better prices then JL's and AI. I really didnt know that was frowned apon? I would say that Im sorry but I feel i didnt do anything to apoligize for. If there is a another reason for taking it down I would love to here it.

Aquattro
07-25-2005, 03:03 PM
moved to Q&A

Justin, I didn't see what post you're talking about, but I'm sure whoever moved it will offer an explanation.
If it was a "vendor ratings" type post, they are most often removed. If you think some store is extra special, please ask them to consider buying some space in the vendor announcements forum, or even a banner ad. Then we'll all know about them every time we come to the board!!

titus
07-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Hello,

It was moved because it appeared to be commercial in nature.

Titus

christyf5
07-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Justin, I PMed you :biggrin:

kellehar
07-25-2005, 08:05 PM
so it was removed because i posted prices. that It was commercial. then I would say you'd have to remove 50% post on this site. thats fine you guys are the mods do what you want. But I still think there was other reasons and have lost alot of respect for the staff of this site.

Doug
07-25-2005, 10:31 PM
But I still think there was other reasons and have lost alot of respect for the staff of this site.

Gee thanks. Thats nice to know. Really makes me feel good. :frown:

What are we to do? Just allow anyone to advertise for a buisness. SWC where I shop is not a sponser here yet. he always posted his specials. I do all my shopping there, so as a customer, can I tell everyone about his great sale prices.

How the hell is that fair to a paying sponser?

Willow
07-25-2005, 11:09 PM
well there is another system. dont charge the vendors anything and let them post their ads but collect revenue from banner ads, google ad sence and subsciptions. but you guys already know this as many people have already brought it up. you certainly would be generating more revenue than the 1 vendor you have now.

Aquattro
07-25-2005, 11:42 PM
I have an idea. Let Titus run the board the way he sees fit. If you have a sugestion, PM him directly. These threads just cause grief, and soon they will be removed also.

rickjames
07-25-2005, 11:50 PM
well there is another system. dont charge the vendors anything and let them post their ads but collect revenue from banner ads, google ad sence and subsciptions. but you guys already know this as many people have already brought it up. you certainly would be generating more revenue than the 1 vendor you have now.

Somehow Willow whenever there is a disagreement on this site you are always there to throw you 2 cents in.
:confused:

christyf5
07-25-2005, 11:50 PM
But I still think there was other reasons and have lost alot of respect for the staff of this site.

What other reasons?? I'm dying to know! :confused:

Aquattro
07-25-2005, 11:55 PM

Me too!!! It's a plot by all the staff for some evil purpose, right?

StirCrazy
07-26-2005, 12:34 AM

Me too!!! It's a plot by all the staff for some evil purpose, right?

:eek: Ohhh this is getting good :mrgreen: :evil:

Steve

Funky_Fish14
07-26-2005, 12:43 AM

Somehow Willow whenever there is a disagreement on this site you are always there to throw you 2 cents in.
:confused:

His suggestion makes sense to me.

Chris

titus
07-26-2005, 02:48 AM
Hello,

This is a Q&A forum, not a public debate forum.

Titus