PDA

View Full Version : Who is tougher?

Silverfish
11-23-2001, 11:47 PM
Which whould you say will win in a war, green star polyps or staghorn acro? They are both growing very close and I can't see any damage to either one yet, I was just wondering what everyone thought.
It would not be a problem to move the acro, the star polyps is another question...
To quote Darren.."weeds..weeds I tell ya!" images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DJ88
11-23-2001, 11:52 PM
Look it up in your fancy book there Bruce.. I am.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

It says that they are succeptible to stings from other corals.. They dont sting like Clavularia sp. but they can overgrow other corals. I can't say from experience so you'll have to wait and see what some others have to say.

SuperFudge
11-24-2001, 11:21 AM
Green star......Hands down images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

All Acro`s are wussies when it comes to a battle! images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

In a prior system i had some geen star enroach on a frag of acro,not only did it quickly kill the frag,it proceeded to encrust the acro skeleton.....i soon had a geen star frag that was shaped just like an acro!

I still didnt learn anything from that so i now have some in my newer system,it is about 2" away from a large LPS and wouldnt ya figure,those branches of LPS that are closest to the green star will no longer open fully.

So,now i have some fragging to do.. images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
Marc.

[ 24 November 2001: Message edited by: Fudge ]

DJ88
11-24-2001, 01:08 PM
Wellt here ya go Bruce.. book says one thing.. in reality it's is another.. lol

go figure..

Silverfish
11-25-2001, 04:40 AM
Thanks guys! I have a problem with the star polyps in this system.. they are out of control! I find scraping them with a plastic spoon works wonders. Harsh thing is remembering what I paid for the little suckers. (I guess I was the sucker images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif )
-Bruce