PDA

View Full Version : cPR Overflow Help

Gizmo
07-17-2005, 05:57 AM
Here's me trying to get all my new toys to work in one night :rolleyes:
Has anyone used a CPR overflow before? At this point I'm ready to throw it in the garbage. It was flushing ever 10 seconds, and then it just decided that it was going to stop working and my tank overflowed. @#%$#%#$@W%@#$@#$#@$. said my wife :eek: Let me know if you have ever had a run in with this wonderful device, thanks

G

mr_alberta
07-17-2005, 06:05 AM
Usually what happens in the CPR overflows is that air bubbles build up in the siphon tube and eventually can cause it to lose siphon. What some people do is use a small pump called an "Aqualifter" to suck air out of the siphon tube. The pump is about $20 or so.

vanreefer
07-17-2005, 06:14 AM
Got one them pumps on my CPR
havn't had an overflow works great... to cure the flushing I angled the pipe from the overflow at a 45 and the outlet is 1-2" below the water line

I think siphon breaks can also happen if there isn't enough flow through the baffles in the overflow

megatron_55
07-17-2005, 05:46 PM
Got one them pumps on my CPR
havn't had an overflow works great... to cure the flushing I angled the pipe from the overflow at a 45 and the outlet is 1-2" below the water line

I think siphon breaks can also happen if there isn't enough flow through the baffles in the overflow

Same . . . I do use the aqualifter pumps and I haven't had any tank overflows since day 1 (knock on wood :mrgreen: )

Gizmo
07-17-2005, 06:00 PM
I too have an aqualifter on the syphon part. so i'm not sure where the problem is occuring from. The drain on the cpr goes down about 4" and makes a 90 towards the sump and travels 43" and makes another 90 into the sump.

Kramer
07-17-2005, 09:16 PM
You were on the right track with the garbage idea. :biggrin:

Any overflow box that needs a pump to keep it running isn't designed properly. :evil: Don't know why CPR keeps selling these pieces of crap. We used to carry them, but, I refused to sell them to customers. I think CPR is the reason overflow boxes have gotten a bad reputation.

I've used properly designed U Tube overflows for over 10 years and never had one stop. JMO

Kramer
07-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Gizmo.
Is the end of the pipe going into the sump below the water level in the sump? Sometimes the backpressure from that can cause flushing. If it is raise the pipe up so that it is just above the water line in the sump.

Gizmo
07-17-2005, 10:07 PM
It is below the water line in the sump, I was attempting to keep the sound down. I will take out that section and try again.

Gizmo
07-17-2005, 10:33 PM
Success!, a little more noisy than I was hoping, but the overflow works great now. Thanks man :biggrin: