PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Milwaukee regulator/solenoid/bubble counter

Chin_Lee
07-16-2005, 07:09 AM
I have had the Milwaukee MA957 regulator that includes the solenoid and bubble counter for about 10 months now and I have problems getting the bubble count to stay. After I set the bubble rate, when I come back the next morning or a few hours later the bubble rate would have dropped to none or the rate of about 1 bpm.
Does anybody else have the same problem or is does anybody know a fix the this problem?
Thanks
CWLee

Ruth
07-16-2005, 12:51 PM
I am using that same devise and have not had a problem with it so far. Mind you I only started using it 3 days ago. The bubble counter does seem to indicate slightly more bmp than the bubble counter on the reactor itself though.

ABreefkpr
07-16-2005, 01:00 PM
I have the same problem with mine and know of one other person with the same problem. Still haven't figured out how to fix the problem. Hopefully somebody does know.

Keith

bear27
07-16-2005, 01:54 PM
It doesnt matter what brand you use you will run in to this to some extent. as the pressure increses on the back side of the valve the flow slows down

Gools
07-16-2005, 02:08 PM
I had the same problem. They sent me a trouble shooting guide. Which told me to have no pressure in the right gauge. To open my needle valve all the way, and then slowly turn in the regulator knob until bubble start coming to the rough count of what you want them at, or a little more, and then use the needle valve to slow it down. The guy told me on the phone that there is to much pressure on the needle valve, if you set your psi in the right gauge. He also told me they are trying to get them removed from the regulator setup, and that eventually there will just be the one to tell you home much CO2 is in the tank. I've had to adjust it a couple of time, the first few days, but since then it has worked great

zulu_principle
07-16-2005, 05:38 PM
I have the new trouble shooting guide from Milwaukee at www.oceanaquatics.com

Under CO2 Regulator Help.

Wendell

StirCrazy
07-16-2005, 08:08 PM
I have the new trouble shooting guide from Milwaukee at www.oceanaquatics.com

Under CO2 Regulator Help.

Wendell

Wendell, good write up but why do you say the right gage has no purpose? that is your actually out put PSI and most of the problems people are having with diminishing bubbles are cause by the output pressure being to low. I have found that if I close my needle valve and set my out put PSI to 3 to 5 PSI then use my needle valve to set the bubble rate I have no problems what so ever. so I guess it is how you set it up as to weather it is the most important gage or not. personally I think for our purposes the first gage (tank PSI) is useless as weather we have 2200PSI or 200 PSI we are going to be able to get a constant flow of bubbles, the only time we run out is when the actually liquid CO2 in the tank is gone as then the gas is used up rapidly, this is why everyone complains that there tank gives no warning of running out.

Steve

zulu_principle
07-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Hi Steve

This is straight from Milwaukee and seems to work for most applications.

Wendell