PDA

View Full Version : hi question about mandarins

loggix
07-15-2005, 05:13 PM
hi , had my tank up for almost a year have plenty of live rock
all along my glass i have pods little white bugs, i bought a mandarin
because i thought he would have enough food, he seems to be finding food hes pecking at the rocks alot but he still looks like his stomach is shrunk he has good color, ive tried to target feed him with live hatched brine shrimp, i still see lots of bugs crawling around, should i start a rubble pile in the back and put some mysis in that ,well if he doesnt fatten up soon im going to return him.but what confuses me is theres quite a bit
of pods around still or so itseems anyways any suggestions?

Aquattro
07-15-2005, 05:16 PM
It's possible that he went a while without food at the store, so tha might be the cause of the sunken stomach. If you can see it eating and there is lots of food, I'd say wait a while. What size tank was this in?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-15-2005, 06:04 PM
Also try some cyclopeeze. Mine loves it like crack :eek:

Anthony

Mitch#3
07-15-2005, 06:06 PM
Also try some cyclopeeze. Mine loves it like crack :eek:

Anthony

Two thums up for the little red brick :mrgreen:

Doug
07-16-2005, 12:15 AM
Besides frozen mysis, mine loves frozen bloodworms. Picks them up like sucking up noodles. :lol:

Mitch#3
07-16-2005, 12:52 AM
Mandrins, ei dragonets are difficult to keep.....NOT

like all of gods creatures feed the hell out of them and they are happy :mrgreen:

stick your head in the tank, what is the size of your mandrins mouth :question: :question: .... that is what you are feeding :mrgreen:

DOUG .....love the blood worms your right just like slurping noodles, al dente :smile: :smile: LOL

Scavenger
07-16-2005, 01:18 AM
Mine is first in line when I drop in marine flake. It also accepts brine, mysis and plankton. Not to mention its 24/7 bug hunt.