PDA

View Full Version : Bicolor Blenny. Goner?

OCDP
07-08-2005, 06:04 PM
I haven't seen my Bicolor Blenny for a couple days now... kind of getting worried as to where he would be . Fed garlic and mysis to the tank yesterday, and still didn't come out. I even moved his rock, shook it, re-aquascaped it.. he didn't come out (dunno if he's even in there)

Paramaters are good, just did yet another water change yesterday.. everyone else is out and about happy and healthy.

Any ideas?

Funky_Fish14
07-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Did he go carpet surfing? :confused:

Maybe something was annoying him and he moved to somewhere else and is just chilling, im sure you'll find him! :mrgreen:

Chris

OCDP
07-08-2005, 06:17 PM
I don't think he went carpet surfing ... I mean, I am pretty sure I would have noticed a dried up fishy on my bedroom floor. Plus, I tried searching for a body, but no luck.

I really hope he's just chillin out somewhere.. he is one cool fish. Plus, I am getting very, very sick of losing fish here...

Ruth
07-08-2005, 08:17 PM
I had a clown gobie that I had to fish out of my overflow about 6 weeks ago. After I got him or her back into the display tank I did not see it and assumed it was a goner but lo and behold about 3 days ago there it was out front and lookin at me. I haven't seen it since then but can only assume it is still alive. I don't see it at feeding time and in fact it was not feeding time when it did show it's face so there is hope!

OCDP
07-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Yeah there is hope.. because he didn't carpet surf. But I just got home from work, and I still don't see him. :sad:

Tarolisol
07-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Youd be amazed at where those little guys can get, i found mine inside a rock that i though was solid, all you could see was his little head sticking out of a hole.

OCDP
07-10-2005, 06:04 PM
hahah.. well I still havent seen him :frown:

I think he might be gone

Scavenger
07-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Though I do hope your fish is ok, I've always found once a fish goes missing he is missing for good. Most of us have far better cleanup crews than we think. It doesn't take long until there is nothing left but a memory of a beautiful pet. Sorry to sound pesimistic, but this really sounds like the case here. :cry:

christyf5
07-10-2005, 10:01 PM
I disagree, there have been many cases where I've put reclusive type fish in my tank (ie. blennies, gobies) and not seen them for some time only to have them reappear after I've written them off.

Not to give you false hope here but just my two cents.

Christy :)

OCDP
07-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Thanks for your two cents.. hopefully he turns up! If not.. he will be missed.

Scavenger
07-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Hey don't get me wrong, I got my fingers crossed too!!! (That's why it took 10 minutes to type this :lol: )

Ruth
07-10-2005, 10:31 PM
I guess it depends somewhat on the tank, size, amount of rock and hiding places and what you feed. I have not seen my clown gobie now for about a week after spoting him for the first time in over a month. I feed frozen cyclopeeze (fish crack) every other day and I am not positive but I think he is still in there and getting enough to eat. Some fish are just very reclusive. Hope yours shows up - and mine again too!

OCDP
07-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Tank is a 20g, with maybe 15-20 lbs. live rock. I feed mysis, freeze dried cyclopeeze..

This is the first time he has ever hidden on me. So.. who knows... wil keep you posted.

adidas
07-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Tank is a 20g, with maybe 15-20 lbs. live rock. I feed mysis, freeze dried cyclopeeze..

This is the first time he has ever hidden on me. So.. who knows... wil keep you posted.

when anything dies in my tank, the crabs devour it instantly lol

Bob I
07-11-2005, 09:27 PM
I have had Bicolor Gobies in hiding for quite awhile after doing things in the tank. They always show up after awhile. Three days is a bit long though, but they are very tough fish, and hard to kill. :biggrin:

OCDP
07-11-2005, 11:53 PM
lol.. well it's been more than 3 days now. I can't remember the last time I seen him haha.. I think I made the thread 1 or 2 days after he had gone missing.

Bob I
07-13-2005, 10:58 PM
So how about an update. Is he still MIA :question: :question:

OCDP
07-14-2005, 01:17 AM
yeah.