PDA

View Full Version : Anybody wanna saddleback?

DJ88
11-18-2001, 11:25 AM
Me thinks my saddleback has decided to split. You tell me.. It is slowly pushing one part of itself off. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

http://members.home.net/darren0469/saddleback_split.jpg

Tigger
11-18-2001, 11:44 AM
What kind of lighting conditions does it need?

How much?

Steve

DJ88
11-18-2001, 11:49 AM
It will need higher lighting.. It does better with the more you have.

What do you have again? tank n lighting that is.. Can't remember..

I haven't figured out how much yet. Once it has split and I know it is doing well I'll keep you posted. I will need to know about your tank tho. If I have any hesitation I won't sell it.

Be forewarned this is a difficult anemone to keep. It will need regular feedings, good lighting and an established tank. As well it WILL eat fish.

reefburnaby
11-18-2001, 12:19 PM
Hello,

Does well with more lighting...but it is almost essential that you feed it ... and feed it well. Check RC in Ron's forum for more info on keeping anemones. I won't start another fire about keeping anemones and lighting...but you'll understand when you start reading archives.

- Victor.

Tigger
11-18-2001, 10:07 PM
Unfortunately from what you describe, I don't think it will be suitable for my tank.

Thanks

Reefmaster
11-19-2001, 09:43 PM
darren i missed hearing about this at the meeting. very cool. i'm sure you are aware that the majority of recorded buds are bubble tip. i'm impressed your saddle is doing that well. we'd be interested for certain. the stoichodactyla we have has been with us 1.5 yrs and is doin well, but has never split. let us know how it progresses. shane

DJ88
11-19-2001, 11:17 PM
Hey Shane,

Troy informed me that they aren't usually an anemone to split. I had a feeling as I have never seen mention about it.. I am taking a few pics and keeping track of the parameters.

I am guessing the stress of the tank crashing has caused this..

Both halves are looking great.. they haven't finished the split but it is eating silversides. As is everything else in the tank..

[ 19 November 2001: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

DJ88
11-24-2001, 12:10 AM
I am beginning to think it was stress form the tank crash a couple of weeks ago.. My BTA isn't looking as it used to either.. Feeding them regularly with silversides and loads of selcon..

The saddle is getting back to normal size tho. HUGE.... images/smiles/icon_eek.gif images/smiles/icon_eek.gif images/smiles/icon_eek.gif