PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Bubble coral tips/advice/input. Do you have one?

OCDP
07-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Just trying to gather some more info. on this coral. I just picked up a really nice piece last night, it's huge... and it is now the focal point in my 20g tank.

I made the mistake in getting on of these as my very first coral, and unfortunately I did not succeed with it. I thought it was the neatest coral, and have wanted one since.

I know they like low flow areas, or moderate.. what's your experience with this coral? It looks easy to feed because I have already seen numerous sweeper tentacles out (very neat)

I think these are great corals... I don't know why. And I am having MUCH more success with the coral already than the first time.

I will take some photos of the coral and my tank tonight.. did a slight re-aquascape... things are looking really nice right now, just need the fuge to get rid of excess HA.

Scott

Bob I
07-07-2005, 04:45 PM
In my experience LPS corals like Bubble Coral need no attention at all. I have Frogspawn, Caulastrea, Hammer, Open and closed Brains. I just let them be, and they seem perfectly happy with that treatment. :onfire:

trilinearmipmap
07-07-2005, 04:46 PM
I have a Pear Bubble (octobubble) and it was one of my first corals. It is near the bottom of my T5-lit tank. It gets low to medium current. I have target-fed it mysis but it does just as well without any feeding. It seems like an easy coral to keep.

OCDP
07-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Cool... its in my 20g with 2x65w of PC's so it should do just fine :biggrin:

Had some nice extension last night... need to take pics !!! :eek:

Oh yeah Bob, it's a pearl bubble, not a bubble coral :razz: I forget the other names for this coral (besides octobubble)

Bob I
07-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Oh yeah Bob, it's a pearl bubble, not a bubble coral :razz: I forget the other names for this coral (besides octobubble)

Pearl Bubble, Octobubble, Bubble Coral. Are they all not what we call LPS corals :question:

trilinearmipmap
07-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Not all LPS have the same care needs, I found this out the hard way by losing one. The octobubble seems pretty hard to kill though.

OCDP
07-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Yeah they are all LPS. I thought you were calling it a bubble coral.. bah, nevermind haha just a misunderstanding. Good corals though. Go get one!