PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Peacock Mantis

Ruth
07-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Looking for one of these colorful guys for a nano. If anyone has one or knows where I can find one in Western Canada please let me know.

hockey nut
07-08-2005, 07:42 AM
HI Ruth,

Big Als in Richmond, B.C. has 2 rainbow Mantis about 2 inches long for a great price. If they don't ship I would be happy to somehow ship it to you. Their # is 604.244.0700

I think they are a great for a sp tank but I wouldn't want to put them in a reef tank with fish :eek: Very cool animal IMO.

If that works for you Pls pm me and we can work out the details. HTH

Regards. :biggrin:

Ruth
07-08-2005, 02:19 PM
THANKS so much! I will call them today to see if they ship and if not I will take you up on your offer.

Ruth

hockey nut
07-10-2005, 07:36 AM
Hi Ruth,

What did they say about shipping?

If they don't ship I know OA does just for future ref, but I don't think they have any rainbow mantis at the moment.

Let me know if they don't ship and I will find a way to get it too you. Hopefully alive. JK ......lol......

Cheers.

Ruth
07-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Thanks! They will ship but it did not sound like they have done it much with livestock. They will not accept a cc over the phone and I have to fax them copies and permission forms etc. so it is quite a hassle. I sent an e-mail to J&L as they have shipped me lots of livestock and they are going to keep an eye out for a peacock for me. If you do happen to spot one though let me know and I will definately make arrangements. I appreciate your willingness to help.

hockey nut
07-11-2005, 04:17 AM
HI,

No worries,

Too bad that didn't work out for you. I am surprised that they where not so helpfull. I guess they have their rules to stick too. :rolleyes:

I'd give OA a call/e-mail as well as they seem to get lots of cool inverts quite often these days. Might as well put out the feelers.

Anyhow Ruth good luck. :mrgreen:

Cheers

Ruth
07-11-2005, 05:45 AM
Sent OA an e-mail - thanks. I will have to check them out next time I am in Vancouver.