PDA

View Full Version : GSP

outtafocus
07-04-2005, 04:13 AM
I have my GSP on my bare bottom glass. Should I be worried about how much it will spread? It is slowly creeping along the bottom. Should I place it some where else?

When I had this GSP in my old 10gal with sand, it was on the substrate. When I went to remove it, I hadn't realized that it had slightly attached its self to some rock, and I ended up tearing a small piece off and it remained on the rock. This piece had no polyps it was just purple "stuff".
Well that purple "stuff" is now growing quite well, with many polyps and is already expanding. I am pretty surprised.

Beverly
07-04-2005, 01:14 PM
GSPs spread like crazy, IME. It's up to you whether or not you want them on you bottom glass. If I had them on my bottom glass, I might be tempted to keep them there and let them spread. Come crud siphoning day, I would blow the detritus out of them, though.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-04-2005, 01:18 PM
As long as its not touching/stinging your other corals, I'd vote to let it spread. A mat of GSP is very pretty.

Anthony

danny zubot
07-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Plus it will get rid of some of the waste that falls to the bottom.

outtafocus
07-04-2005, 11:19 PM
I think I will let it do as it pleases for now. I dont really want it spreading out of the corner it is in. When it does spread to far, how do I go about cutting it back? Do I use a razor blade and trim where required? Then attached the cutting to a small rock for trading?