PDA

View Full Version : No bubble tips??

doch
07-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Anyone give me any ideas as to why my RBTA has no bubble tips? In the LFS it did, but since it hasn't. It seems healthy, and I'm not worried, just curious really.

vanreefer
07-01-2005, 07:19 PM
I would also love to know... :biggrin:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-01-2005, 07:34 PM
This is a very common phenomenon. Any anemone in my tanks have long stringy tentacles but in Chin Lee's they're nice & bubble tipped. I don't know if there is any definitive info on exactly why this happens.

Anthony

doch
07-02-2005, 08:42 AM
damnit!!! I don't mind when something doesn't make sanse, but seriously......

Beverly
07-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Don't know how much balanced water chemistry makes to bubble tips, but have you checked alkalinity, calcium, magnesium levels in the tank?

Petcrazy
07-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Have you asked the store owner?
If he doesn't know, ask if you can take a sample of his water home....then compare it to your own.
Ask him what he supplements his tank with as well...lighting...positioning in the tank in regards to lighting and water flow.
Be a detective...find where you both differentiate and you may find your answer.

rickjames
07-02-2005, 07:21 PM
I don't think anyone knows why, kind of like why does xenia pulse and/or not pulse? When I bought my BTA, it had bubble tips, then in my tank it didn't. Then I put it in a new tank and it had the bubbles again for the first 2 weeks, but now it has gone back to sans bubbles again... Who knows!

Petcrazy
07-02-2005, 08:32 PM
RickJames...have you seen the Chappelle show’s skits on Rick James? Those are funny...

Moving along...though no one may seem to know why this happens; it could never hurt to actually do a small experiment to figure out why the anemone would respond that way when put into different tanks.

We can automatically assume that your friend’s water, the stores water and your water would have some variances (not to mention lighting conditions). After all each tank has been through different trials, have had different caretakers and every human being has a slightly different approach on how to maintain their tank(s). Seeing that everyone’s water is different, perhaps there is some factor within those varying water and lighting parameters that may be contributing if not causing the anemone to react in such a fashion.

I would find it fun to be honest with you, provided that I had all the tests available at hand, the knowledge and actually had such an anemone...which I don't. (I've never been the biggest anemone fan)

But then I can be quite the geek that way...it can't hurt to try right?

rickjames
07-03-2005, 12:17 AM
RickJames...have you seen the Chappelle show’s skits on Rick James? Those are funny...

You aren't kidding! One of the funniest things I have ever seen, probably the highlight :eek: of his career!

DanG
07-03-2005, 12:44 AM
I've found that my GBTA bubbles under the atinic light only, but not the 10k and atinic together.

Johnny Reefer
07-03-2005, 01:33 AM
I've found that my GBTA bubbles under the atinic light only, but not the 10k and atinic together.
G?BTA. What does the "G" stand for?

Thanx much,

Chaloupa
07-03-2005, 02:42 AM
G is green....R is red or rose

Johnny Reefer
07-03-2005, 02:47 AM
G is green....R is red or rose
Thanx. I'll make a note of it. :smile:

Veng68
07-03-2005, 03:22 AM
Some possiblities:

http://wish.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/~kwaldon/hquad.htm

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

michika
07-04-2005, 01:21 AM
My RBTA started out with bubble tips but the older and bigger it has gontten then longer it's tentacles are growing, it is now to the point were I no longer have a RBTA but a Long tenticle anenome!

Petcrazy
07-05-2005, 04:34 AM

You aren't kidding! One of the funniest things I have ever seen, probably the highlight :eek: of his career!

Ha, I've got it on DVD....it's great.