PDA

View Full Version : herd a rummor

golden69_ca
06-24-2005, 04:38 AM
iv heard there is going to be a ban on all crabs , snails, shrimps and such things due to a squable between provincial and federal government . has any one else herd this and is it true ? i guess i should pic up a good size cleanup crew if this is true .

thanx

DEAD_BY_DAWN
06-24-2005, 04:41 AM
Huh ?
There going to ban aquarium crabs etc,any idea why ?

golden69_ca
06-24-2005, 04:45 AM
put some kind of order so that none can be imported or sold in bc or even canada. herd it has some thing to do with the gov jams us on duty or some thing like that and the provincial government wants there cut to . not to clear on it right now

Funky_Fish14
06-24-2005, 04:57 AM
I hope not, but if its true im gonna buy a bunch of stuff, lol.

Chris

Chad
06-24-2005, 05:09 AM
where did you see this info?

Willow
06-24-2005, 05:11 AM
they can ban all my hairy crabs if they want.

mpishi
06-24-2005, 06:11 AM

i knew that bear looked just a little upset and itchy

medic_eva
06-24-2005, 06:17 AM

i knew that bear looked just a little upset and itchy

oh that's nasty lol :rolleyes:

Willow
06-24-2005, 07:03 AM
hey that bear get dry cleaned weekly :razz:

hockey nut
06-24-2005, 07:48 AM
This might be a good thing. If you look at from a different point of view.

So you buy a lot of new live rock..... throw it in your tank....... wait a couple of weeks and......................... wholy moly!!!!!!!!! there a couple of crabs in your tank, (quick call the government)........... They will send some guy over in a suit to catch your crabs for you ( nice tie Buddy). Meanwhile your filming all this action and watching our hard earned tax dollars at work just so you can make some money selling the video to America's Funniest Home videos.

CLASSIC!!!!!!!!

This is so way out there they might actually do it.

Quick call 911....... someone is stealing my crabs

golden69_ca
06-25-2005, 06:44 AM
this info came from a store owner i know they are still looking into it but i know they are trying to get as much stuff in as posible just in case .

saltcreep
06-25-2005, 05:21 PM
This could the new 15% surcharge on US origin items for the aquarium trade. This surcharge is in retaliation for the softwood lumber duty and will be in place until at least Apr 30, 2006. It applies to 7 other HS code items, non aquarium related.

I haven't heard of any interprovincial trade bans...but you never know.

Funky_Fish14
06-25-2005, 06:37 PM
The US thing would hurt us im sure, but some of the companies up here directly import from the sources, not all from the US, so we should still be ok?

Chris

medic_eva
06-25-2005, 07:23 PM
The US thing would hurt us im sure, but some of the companies up here directly import from the sources, not all from the US, so we should still be ok?

Chris

lol yah if you want to go to stinky basement guy, but i would suggest just order from J&L.

Invigor
06-26-2005, 01:00 AM
This could the new 15% surcharge on US origin items for the aquarium trade. This surcharge is in retaliation for the softwood lumber duty and will be in place until at least Apr 30, 2006. It applies to 7 other HS code items, non aquarium related.

I haven't heard of any interprovincial trade bans...but you never know.

and here I was thinking "I bet Kyle will know what's going on"

geopod
06-26-2005, 06:26 AM
The government officials just wanna get paid more for sitting on their a$$es.Take a look at the Alberta oil sands for instance.Its Alberta's oil but yet Ottawa says its theirs.....If someone is making money they all seem to want it.Everyone wants their piece of pie.Willow you should tell them your bear has crabs in his shorts thattheycan have....