PDA

View Full Version : FS: Tunze 230 Skimmer

Justin
06-22-2005, 05:33 AM
I have a USED Tunze 230 skimmer. It's in basically brand new shape, slight wear on the impellor, but you should get 10 more years from it at this rate. Comes with the complete, with specialized cleaning brush and mounting equiptment (brackets).

I have it on a 75G, but am making some system changes that will not allow for it's continued use.

It's rated to 300G.

$250.

pm please!

Justin
06-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Bump

smokinreefer
06-24-2005, 04:42 AM
never seen or used a tunze skimmer...
any pics? reviews? think it'd do a good job on my 180?

Justin
06-24-2005, 06:47 AM
The Tunze skimmers are pretty sweet. No pics but if necessary I could get one.

Do I think it would do a good job on your 180G system? Of course. Tunze is great! Your system is basically a Berlin style hybrid, very natural and this is what Tunze is designed for. Here is a snipet from the Tunze site:

"In 1963, TUNZE developed the first standard protein skimmer for salt water with its own air generation system.
Function: In this rotating jet skimmer, the strong water jet of the pressure pump generates a constant, fine-pearly air bubble mixture, which escapes to the top through a discharge system with a length of 1.20 m into an easy-to-clean foaming cup. By this means the water in the contact pipe itself becomes “poor” in protein particles. The inflow from the aquarium then takes place more or less automatically due to the so-called molecular compensating pressures = diffusion.
A further TUNZE invention is the principle of contact skimming which prevents living plankton from being drawn into the pump circulation. Eighty per cent or more of the organic substances, such as proteins and cellulose, are removed from saltwater aquariums by these modern automatic skimmers."

Here is a link:
http://www.tunze.com/usa/en-gb/dept_294.html