PDA

View Full Version : Emerald/superskimmer

outtafocus
06-22-2005, 03:20 AM
I thought my emerald crab had died over the weekend. I found a body on the bottom, so I removed and examined it. I could not find any seems or other signs of it being a shed exoskeleton. I just figured it died and thats that.
Well I just spotted an extra large version of the same crab hiding in the rock work. It was a shedding and now Im happy again.!!! :biggrin:

Also, I just installed my Coralife superskimmer on my 25gal cube. I am currently running it as a hang on skimmer but it will one day end up in a sump.
My concern is that I dont trust this thing to not overflow. Its design does allow it to overflow if the collector cup fills up. As well as the vent hole on the return pipe has backed up once and started to poor out a little water.
I believe this was due to the bubble collector being to close to the return hose, which I have since adjusted. What if it happens again, overnight or tomorrow while im at work? I will be turning it off tonight just in case.

raquel
06-22-2005, 03:58 AM
Yep, I just had the same issue. The superskimmer does not have an overflow check, it just gushes water all over your floor.

I hope they change that.

Too bad cuz it skims great.

I just make sure I check the outflow valve whenever I adjust the water level.

Raquel

outtafocus
06-22-2005, 10:35 PM
check out what I wrote in the Nano forum.