PDA

View Full Version : my first loss

medic_eva
06-20-2005, 08:16 PM
:cry:

My little peppermint shrimp, Peppermint Patti Shrimples, passed away last night at the age of uhm.. a couple months. Let us have a moment of silence...
He/she was the first critter in my tank and had lots of character, always playing in the flow from the powerheads, and crawling on my hand, jumping for food when I fed him/her, taking it right from the pipette. He/she will be sadly missed.

R.I.P. Shrimples! Mama loves you!!!

eva
:cry:

Beverly
06-20-2005, 09:26 PM
Are you sure it didn't just molt? If it molted, the molt would look like a dead shrimp and the newly molted shrimp would be in hiding until it's new "skin" (don't know the right word :redface: ) hardened, usually a couple of days.

medic_eva
06-20-2005, 10:49 PM
nope, i could make a shrimp ring from what i have left of him. :cry:

Bob I
06-20-2005, 11:03 PM
It happens, and we have to live with it. I had a Peppermint in a 15 with no other occupants except hermit crabs. I have not seen hide nor hair of it for weeks, so I expect it is history. I am coloring it gone, but why I don't know. :sad:

christyf5
06-21-2005, 04:55 AM
moved to Reef forum

Johnny Reefer
06-21-2005, 05:07 AM
Peppermint Patti Shrimples,

Sorry to hear of your loss, but love the name and couldn't help but chuckle. :lol:

medic_eva
06-21-2005, 05:34 AM
lol thanks reefer. i'm sure shrimples is very happy he/she had a funny name :cry:

lol it was funny, my cat's name is stimpy and i call him stimples all the time so when i was talking to the shrimp, stimpy would get confused. uhm.. not that i talk to my shrimp.. .uhm... *cough*

hockey nut
06-21-2005, 08:41 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. :sad:

I recently lost my large cleaner shrimp after I had him for 2+ years.

I don't talk to my fish!! :crazyeye: NO...... I said I don't talk to my fish!!!!!!

Now please take OFF the straight Jacket. :silly:

Here fishy fishy :drinking:

Beverly
06-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss :cry: I get terribly attached to my fish and special inverts, too. Have lost long time fish friends due to unfortunate incidents over the years, and it never gets any easier to find them dead.

Don't talk TO my fish much, but do make up conversations they are having with each other. Do the same with our finches. Heck, even made up the thoughts of a crow that had settled in a nearby tree the other day as it preened itself while looking out for its newly fledged chick :biggrin: I'm happy to admit this actually keeps me OUT of the psych ward :razz:

danny zubot
06-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss Eva, it sucks loosing livestock. I'm glad this is only your first loss though. :smile:
I'll admit to chatting a tiny bit with the fish, but my girlfriend is hillarious with them. She speaks to them like you would a cat or dog, or baby! Must be because she's 8.5 months pregnant. Time to get a puppy or something!

Beverly
06-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Time to get a puppy or something :lol: :razz: I think you're going to be having a "something" PDQ (pretty darn quick) that will change your life so dramatically you'll wonder how that big freaking train hit you and got away so fast :eek:

BTW, my daughter is due to give birth to my first grandchild ANY DAY NOW :eek: :biggrin: :angel:

danny zubot
06-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Cool :cool: wanna race?!!

medic_eva
06-21-2005, 10:52 PM
congrats bev! i bet yer excited. that's awesome.

Beverly
06-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Cool :cool: wanna race?!!

Hey, you wanted to race growing monti caps :razz: How are yours doing? My one frag is going crazy and the teeny frags are beginning to grow a bit too.

I'm probably beating you in the monti race, so why not have a baby race, too :mrgreen: Will post baby pics on a new thread when I get some :biggrin:

Eva,

I'm excited to meet this new little human being, scared for my daughter because she's so young, tired from helping her do housework while she's so big, and hoping she has a relatively easy labour :crazyeye:

danny zubot
06-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Hey, you wanted to race growing monti caps How are yours doing? My one frag is going crazy and the teeny frags are beginning to grow a bit too.
I broke mine trying to frag it, :cry: You win.

I'm kind of lucky with the house work thing, she won't let me do any. Angie is very energetic for someone as far along as she is. I'll be taking over after the baby comes though. :redface: