PDA

View Full Version : Clam chowder anyone?

Acro
06-20-2005, 02:37 AM
http://members.shaw.ca/jcross2/june1905_005_copy.jpg

props
06-20-2005, 03:35 AM
omg dude that thing is huge!!! :eek:
that blue one is insane :eggface:

Acro
06-20-2005, 04:26 AM
omg dude that thing is huge!!! :eek:

Funny you say that cause thats what I said when I saw it too. :eek:
To give you an idea the small clam to the furthest right is a 2 incher.

hockey nut
06-20-2005, 06:52 AM
Great Pic.

What kind of lighting?

Jack
06-20-2005, 07:15 AM
Man those are nice.

Funky_Fish14
06-20-2005, 07:38 AM
Wow so thats a big clam, like, 12"! This is such a perverted hobby, but, "Nice Clam"....lol.

Chris

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-20-2005, 07:41 AM
Is the big one a gigas? Love those maximas. Are these yours, cause if they are, many Canreefers are now suffering from a terminal case of clam envy. :mrgreen:

Anthony

smokinreefer
06-20-2005, 08:34 AM
nice jamie! is that gigas from hidden reef? i heard about that one... that must make a nice edition to the tank! i got myself a wee little one ~2". :razz:

Acro
06-20-2005, 01:31 PM
hockey nut, Thanks, Lighting is strictly 10 k metalhalides right now I'm debating on adding actinics.

Jack, Thanks Man

Chris, Yeah I'd say the clam is at least 12" I should put something in the tank that will show the scale better. Maybe I'll do that today.OH and I'm not sure if it's the hobby thats perverted or just you :razz:

Anthony, Yup Gigas it is

Shoa, Yeah that's the one from HiddenReef. I beleive it came out of a guys tank that goes by ReefRaft. I tried contacting him to find the age and what not but haven't got a reply. I understand they grow fairly fast so you should have that thing out growing the tank in no time. :lol: Got a pic?

Funky_Fish14
06-24-2005, 08:27 PM
ReefRaft is a business, hehe.

www.reefraft.ca

Lol, I'm not the first one who's suggested the pervertedness of the hobby! :lol:

Chris

props
06-24-2005, 11:00 PM

www.reefraft.ca

Lol, I'm not the first one who's suggested the pervertedness of the hobby! :lol:

Chris
actually theres a member name reefraft here i believe

Acro
06-25-2005, 01:43 AM
Thanks Chris that is the webpage I got the email from. Not sure if it was an old email or just to busy, but either way I havn't heard back. It would be kinda neat to know it's age in captivity. As I know how old all the others are.

Jesse you not thinking of that Brad guy are you?

Acro
06-25-2005, 02:06 PM
OK got ahold of him via his webpage forum. He told me he had the clam for about 2 years and received it when it was about 6-7".

Samw
07-01-2005, 06:57 PM

www.reefraft.ca

Chris

I just visited Reefraft in Mississauga yesterday. They were in the middle of moving to a larger store. They have some really nice corals there. They had some things I've never seen locally before. I was really considering taking some on the plane back to Vancouver.

While, in TO, I also visited Oakville Reef Gallery and Big Al's in Mississauga and Oakville. The Oakville Big Al's is really really impressive. Oakville Reef gallery has a large Gigas as well.