PDA

View Full Version : Mandarin/Scooter and Frozen food

doch
06-17-2005, 02:53 AM
Just out of curiosity, how hard is it normally to get Mandarin Gobies and Scooter Blennies to eat frozen? My understanding is that both are very difficult to get accustomed to frozen food, and yet I have one of each and they are now both taking frozen. Admitedly they're both picky about what they will take, but that's somewhat irrelevant to me. Essentially what I'm asking is have I just gotten lucky or is everyone else out there experiencing the same?

medic_eva
06-17-2005, 05:05 AM
my scooter wont eat anything i give him, thankfully he's still finding stuff in my tank. he wont eat cycopeze, frozen brine, or frozen mysis. so i say you are lucky, or i am unlucky!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-17-2005, 07:07 AM
My first mandarin ate Hikari mysis fairly quickly, but then was too stupid to move off the Rhodactis mushroom as it closed over it. :evil:

My other mandarin eats cyclopeeze (frzn) no problem.

Sometimes it's a matter of frequent feedings to get them going, other times its just luck (good & bad).

Anthony

06-17-2005, 09:04 AM
My pair of mandarins eat bloodworms, mysis and brine, I guess you just have to feed a mixture of everything and let them get used to what is available.

Snappy
06-18-2005, 07:50 AM
both mine only eat pods and won't touch any of the previously mentioned frozen foods. I guess I am unlucky.