PDA

View Full Version : coral ??

outtafocus
06-13-2005, 10:55 PM
I have two questions.

1: The open brain coral I have is mounted on to an awkward shaped piece of rock. Is it possible to transfer it to a different base? In the picture the brain rock is the almost ice cream cone shaped piece. I am now running a bare bottom tank and since I can no longer place this brain in the substrate I was hoping to have it sit in a better position on my rock structure.
[/img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/outtafocuscalgary/0506120007.jpg

2: Pretty much the same question as above except this time it is regarding a colt leather coral. The piece of rock it is attached to is a flat slab with a curve on one end and the coral is on the other end. The colt is only half attached to this piece and appears to be releasing its self. I found info on www.garf.org about using plastic sandwich swords to attach a colt to a piece of drilled rock. I believe I could chop the colt in two pieces and place each new chunk on a separate rock using this method.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/outtafocuscalgary/163843.jpg

Any opinions would help greatly.

meltdownaverted
06-14-2005, 02:22 AM
That ice cream cone piece of rock attached to your brain, is your brain. That's why you usually see them in the sand. The skeleton on yours does seem to be longer than most, which will make it harder to place. Find a couple rocks and prop it up I guess.

outtafocus
06-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Any comments on the Colt? That is the coral I am most worried about.

Beverly
06-14-2005, 10:27 PM
What kind of water flow does the colt get? Started out with an itty, bitty colt in our first tank, a 75g with a 175w MH. After a year, it took up almost half the tank :eek: Had ours in a moderate flow area.

outtafocus
06-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Right now the colt is in a low flow area, only because it appears to be peeling off its rock, I figured this was due to too much flow. I just took a good look at it, and it seems to have a light grey patch which is quite small but wasnt there last night. Should I be worried that this colt is on the verge of meltdown?

Beverly
06-15-2005, 12:12 AM
Try giving it a little more flow, but not as strong as it had originally. In the pic, it looks like there is almost no flow, which may be as bad as too much flow. IME, colts are pretty hardy, but getting the right amount of water flow is important to overall health.