PDA

View Full Version : morray eel

kellehar
06-13-2005, 01:32 AM
hi i got this eel from a guy in calgary .lee brought it up for me and i cant get her to eatand i dont think she's to happy prob lonely as she's in a tank by herself. If you know about eels and are looking for one send a pm

DEAD_BY_DAWN
06-13-2005, 05:31 AM
The kind if moray you have whould be usefull in finding out what sort of food it likes.
Morays dont get lonely... :smile:

kellehar
06-13-2005, 05:54 AM
she was raised on silver sides i also have a snow flake but nowhere as fussy as this one. my snow flakes eats all that i listed in my post . but thanks anyways :smile:

bulletsworld
06-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Hey Justin,

You know when I was watching that guy for you I kinda grew a liking to him. Maybe it was the bond driving up with him in the bucket beside me on the way up. I'll take him back!! :mrgreen:

PM ME! I have to stop at George's down by your place anyway sometime this week. :mrgreen:

I think the drive up and the stress was alot of that big guy, as he seem to chuck up his silversides after we stopped. Poor big black guy. I can't recall if it was infact a moray eel though as it was a FW Eel converted over to SW.

kellehar
06-14-2005, 10:09 PM
hey lee
i did a bit of reading on this eel and they require sw as adults. it is a moray but spends time as a juvi in fw.

bulletsworld
06-14-2005, 10:26 PM
I recall Steve telling me that too. Do you got some great articles I could read on her. Be awesome to read up on her as Eel were never my thing till she came along. :lol:

Also to if anyone else would like her, please offer to them first. As they may be able to provide a bigger more stocked agressive species tank for her. She would do to much damage in my main tank. I would like to be the last option and if you no one takes her then I will. :mrgreen:

Thanks a bunch,

Lee