PDA

View Full Version : Time to move the tank for 2 days new window going in

Skimmerking
06-12-2005, 01:58 AM
Well I have to move the tank 3 ft for 2 days why we get a window installed in the dining room. :cry: The tank is going so good too. So i have everything to move it the big whopping 3 ft. :lol: :rolleyes:

So now after talking to Doug i might remove the sandbed and have maybe a little bit to cover the glass for the wrasse. SO i dont know what i should do. I have enough rock for the tank with lots to put in the sump to. I may take some out to have move of an open space maybe start with stackign it from the right and have it look move like a cliff reef.

The good thing is that i can have my new plumbing sorted out having 2 returns instead of 1 and going to install a euro brace around the top of the tank so i can have that waster splash guard for the top.

Oh ya I bought a new clam pictures to follow after the move too same as my other one it's a Crocea, but this one has metallic green in it. :mrgreen: ANd i was only going to pick up a heater at the LFS :rolleyes:

So what ya think NO DSB or DSB

mike

Edmonton Eskimo
06-12-2005, 02:28 AM
Why don't you just put everything other than your sand in big rubbermaid tubs and then move the tank with the sand and a little water so you don't stir up the sandbed too much.

Skimmerking
06-12-2005, 02:48 AM
Good point thought of that. That is what I'm going to do, But i'm going to be doing a 20 gl water change saw some bubble crap on some rocks :evil: I hope its not from reading tha post on bubble algae. :lol: . So I thought i would do one just in case when I'm off I have been noticing that i have been feedign 5-6 times a day I get bored really easy. YEs Bev I do its called the day off feeding disase.

Skimmerking
06-13-2005, 03:14 AM
Well the move went good, got the tank cleaned up and the bracing installed :biggrin: Well i took the plunged in removing all the sandbed all i have left is a small tubber ware container that will sit in the back corner for my neon wrasse. :confused: I hope i have enough rock in the tank to take care of Nitrates. But i have 2 clams that will help in that, I have been told by a well knowledgable person tha clams need 10PPM to have as a supplement.

And i have changed my old RUBBERMAID sump to my new glass sump all i have to do is plumb it to my 2 returns. I actually thought that this was going to be a hard over all.

well have to go painted all weekend and prety tired will have some new pic's of the setup by mid week i hope.

mike

Beverly
06-13-2005, 10:44 AM
So I thought i would do one just in case when I'm off I have been noticing that i have been feedign 5-6 times a day I get bored really easy. YEs Bev I do its called the day off feeding disase.

Good thing you didn't bring home any artillary :eek: :lol: :razz: