PDA

View Full Version : feeding zoo,and candycane

fishguyxd
06-11-2005, 02:22 AM
I have these in frags (my first time and first ones i have in my tank)with the LR
So my tank does not have vast amounts of coroline algea meaning my glass is really clean only a few small spots.

Should I be adding any additives for the frags or special food ?
My sump at this time only has some fine aragonite in it
and the foam filter What should I have in it macro's ?etc)??? :confused: I guess I mean the fuge currently aragonite there.

OCDP
06-11-2005, 03:26 AM
hello,

first may I ask your water paramaters? have you tested your calcium and alk just to make sure? Although, the two corals you've mentioned are fairly hardy (zoos being very hardy) I think you should still make sure your CA and ALK are in check. As for feeding, zoos don't really need to be fed , you can dose phytoplankton (sp?) but I don't know how effective that is for just a zoo frag and candy cane. Candy canes on the other hand can extend sweeper tentacles, catching food in the water.. I had one once but never did feed it. I think it should do just fine with good placement in the tank. What kind of lighting are you using?

You definitely do NOT want to put mud in your sump, or any plants.

fishguyxd
06-11-2005, 01:31 PM
My water test at this time are all in check i believe my CA was 460 and alt was 110 I am running Pc lighting.
I just want to make sure I keeping all well i have seen sump /fuge I guess I what do I add in that?

Tarolisol
06-11-2005, 06:35 PM
You definitely do NOT want to put mud in your sump, or any plants.

Well this is just wrong, im assuming your sump is also going to be used as a fuge. then you can put some sand in and some marco algea like cheato or calurpa but you will neet to light the sump then. This would be a really good idea to keep exess nutrients down and try to contral algea blooms.