PDA

View Full Version : do i still need to cycle?

adidas
06-07-2005, 02:13 AM
hi,

setting up a frag only tank, do i need to cycle it? will just have frags and a few crabs.

thx

meltdownaverted
06-07-2005, 04:29 AM
I think if anything new is added to the system you will see a slight cycle. I just moved everything of mine into a new tank over about five days and didn't notice much change in the fish or corals. I am getting a bit of an algea bloom so must be some cycle happening. Maybe some day I'll test the water and find out.

StirCrazy
06-07-2005, 05:26 AM
hi,

setting up a frag only tank, do i need to cycle it? will just have frags and a few crabs.

thx

just water and frags?

Steve

Aquattro
06-07-2005, 05:44 AM
hi,

thx

Yes, it will need a biological filter, preferably cycled. You could use an established foam filter from a main tank or sump, if you have one.

adidas
06-07-2005, 06:38 PM
hi,

thx

just water and frags?

Steve

yup

StirCrazy
06-07-2005, 11:37 PM
as long as everything is cured and healthey I think the backteria it brings over will do fine. you could start by putting a chunk of rock from your tank into it for a few days to get a head start though.

Steve