PDA

View Full Version : Two wrasses in one tank? Will it work?

Beast
06-06-2005, 04:41 AM
I have a beautiful yellow wrasse (Haleochores Chrysis) and want to get a 6 line also. My tank is 90 gals and the only other fish is a small yellow tang. There are corals and abougt 75lbs of live rock. Will the 6 line and the existing yellow fight or will they be ok together?

Thanks

Aquattro
06-06-2005, 04:44 AM
Maybe. Welcome to the board, wish I had a better answer. They might get along fine, they could also kill each other.

shadowboy
06-06-2005, 04:50 AM
they will probaly rip each other apart. The yellow being more docile, and the sixline can/will get agressive. even if the yellow doesnt get attacked physicaly, mentialy he'll suffer. My sixline didnt right out attack my fairy wrasse, but him just being there caused the fairy to jump out.

JME
TB

StirCrazy
06-06-2005, 05:16 AM
the obvious questions first, how big of a tank, how much rock and hiding spots ect...

In a 300 gal tank with lots of hiding spots I would feel pretty good in saying they have a good chance of not running into each other to often :mrgreen:

knowing how territorial 6 lines can be I would say probably not a good idea to mix them.

Steve

takphan
06-06-2005, 06:31 AM
i have both six-line and yellow wrasse in a 5ft tank
the six line is fairly aggressive toward a blue-yellow-tail damsel but tend to leave the yellow alone.
you should give them plenty hiding places and about 3~4 inch of sand for the yellow wrasse

G/L
Tak

meltdownaverted
06-06-2005, 02:52 PM
In my old tank m sixline got along fine with a pink margin and a cleaner wrasse. Apparently this is not the norm though. You might be okay introducing the sixline second. Right now I have a laboutie and a ruby head fairy wrasse that get along fine

Skimmerking
06-07-2005, 02:57 AM
i had a leopard and a yellow and a six line in my old 75 gal sps tank ,the leopard was good but the yellow and the six line fought lots the yellow got picked on lots.

mike

meltdownaverted
06-07-2005, 04:21 AM
I've heard that Cirrhilabrus wrasses which I think are the fairy wrasses, have a better chance of getting along