PDA

View Full Version : what to feed sps/lps/softies?

robzilla
06-05-2005, 06:34 PM
i'm slowly adding more corals to my tank and looking to buy some food to feed them. currently i supplement/feed with marine snow (think this is more for inverts).
what are some of the foods/supplements i should get as i slowly add more sps, lps and softies

Aquattro
06-05-2005, 06:39 PM
different items for different corals. SPS do well with cyclop-eeze in my tank, LPS have always liked mysis. Never really had softies, so couldn't comment there

Snappy
06-05-2005, 06:55 PM
I use a product called combo-vital and all my corals seem to like it. I also supplement with cyclopeze, mysis and phytoplankton.

1bigstud
06-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Coral gro by red sea seems to work great for me you can also use it to treat youre fishes food.

Gools
06-05-2005, 08:18 PM
I use golden pearls. wether or not it work I have no idea, but corals are all healthy.

Aquattro
06-05-2005, 08:35 PM
I use golden pearls. wether or not it work I have no idea, but corals are all healthy.

I used these before, but found that once I put them in the tank, I lost track of them. The cylop-eeze is bright red, so I can watch the polyps catch them and eat them. I used to feed newly hatched brine shrimp, but again, too hard to see if they were getting eaten.