PDA

View Full Version : The tank.

DJ88
08-15-2001, 03:03 PM
My web space on Shaw was deleted by some moron.. I'll try and post it again soon.

[ 07 September 2001: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

Troy F
08-15-2001, 05:22 PM
Nice tank. Is that one of those bright yellow Fiji leathers? Are you nervous about moving it?

DJ88
08-15-2001, 05:33 PM
Yes it is.. Nice isn't it?

And no I am not too nervous.. why? Anything you care to share?

Troy F
08-15-2001, 06:01 PM
No, not at all. Just the usual thing of tearing down an established system and having to transport it is all.

titus
08-15-2001, 06:05 PM
Hello Darren,

I still wonder how you are going to transport all your stuff on BC Ferry. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Titus

DJ88
08-15-2001, 06:24 PM
I have a pick up truck.. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif all I need to move is the tank. The military moves everything else. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif hee hee

All corals will be bagged and put in a cooler with some heat packs. as for the water.. that will be interesting.. good thing I have 4 30 gallon rubbermaid containers. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

titus
08-15-2001, 08:26 PM
Hello Darren,

I thought you have released already. Are you in the Navy Reserve now? If so, which unit are you joining? We may see each other sometime.

Titus

DJ88
08-15-2001, 08:39 PM
my release date is Jan 18th.. I am on vocational rehab till then. Full pay and everything. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif and I won't be joining the reserves.. lol.. after 11 years reg force and dealing with all that cr@p, not a chance.. lol not putting you down.. just had my share.. I tend to speak my mind a bit too often. For some reasons petty officers don't like being told thier leaderships skills suck.

titus
08-15-2001, 09:29 PM
Hello Darren,

Ouch. One more year to get your CD!!
But you get your pension. So I guess you are happy.

No worries about the crap. I have experienced plenty myself too. Just like anything else, there are many things the military makes me images/smiles/icon_smile.gif and many that makes me images/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Overall I'm happy and feel fortunate to be in an organization that many don't get to experience and live through.

In any event, you are now a young member of the Legion. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
BTW, were you PO1, or PO2?

Titus

DJ88
08-15-2001, 09:48 PM
I remustered after 5 years in an operator trade.. so I was getting my promotion to master. If I had stayed as an operator I woudl have been a P2 a long time ago.. was offered my masters to stay operator waay back then.. refused for more education.. Got a diploma in electronic engineering plus a certificate as an electronic systems tech. all paid for.. Now I am off to BCIT to do Electronic Engineering specializing in Wireless commmunications and telecommunications.. I think that is the new name for it..

I get an automatically indexed pension. 3B release. Full medical pension. VAC pension as wlel. was hurt in the gulf in 99.

Aquattro
08-16-2001, 10:03 PM
I'm telling you Darren, that brain won't like the big city. Offers still open to "coral sit" for ya <g> images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DJ88
08-16-2001, 10:24 PM
Nice try Brad.. lol...

Aquattro
08-17-2001, 02:14 AM
Well, you can't blame me for trying images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif