PDA

View Full Version : Various macros for trade or giveaway, Calgary area

Delphinus
08-13-2002, 01:40 AM
I am in dire need to of pruning some sargassum/kelp, razor caulerpa, and halimeda. If interested let me know right away (send me an email), or else flush-flush it goes. Thanks

[ 12 August 2002, 21:41: Message edited by: delphinus ]

Canadian Man
08-13-2002, 03:21 AM
Hey Tony,
I know I got your clam but hopefully you can find it in your heart to pass some calurpa type material my way.
One problem I have though is that I just got a bunch from Kim, ploped it in my refugium and the next day it seems to break into small pecies and float away.
The halamedia is still doing great but calurpa is not, any ideas?
Is there a specific way to transplant calurpa?

Anyway I am up for some and I am off wed and thur so if you got some, I will take it.

Oh that sargasium/kelp sounds intresting. Is that the stuff growing in your 75?

thanks Tony

Tau2301
08-18-2002, 03:37 PM
Hi Jon,

When I first introduced the Culerpa to my tank I wrapped it around a rock to force into contact my sand bed.

Bob I
08-20-2002, 12:49 AM
I too have Tony's clam, but if he feels I cannot properly care for it I will sell it to him. :D

BC_Grl
08-21-2002, 09:43 PM
Hey guys, Sargassum-- that is a plant is it not?
Someone at a LFS told me it was a fish... I thought it was like turtle grass.

christyf5
08-21-2002, 11:55 PM
I think this is sargassum. This is a bit more crinkly on the edges than my other stuff.
http://www3.telus.net/seamonkey68/sargassum.jpg

this is more what most of mine looks like:
http://www3.telus.net/seamonkey68/sargassum2.jpg

ldzielak
08-22-2002, 01:40 AM
Christy,

That is what I have, I was told it's the same. But I have about 3 types in my tank. Nothing eats it I have found.

Lee

Bob I
08-22-2002, 12:20 PM
As to nothing eating Sargassum. I would suggest you don't get a Sally Lightfoot. He destroyed all mine. I have even watched him eat coraline algae. I have ordered a trap to catch the little bugger so I don't have to tear down the tank to catch him. :eek: