PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Head JAWFISH For Sale

geopod
05-31-2005, 11:56 PM
If anyone is interested the old KOI shop on stoney plain road has 2 lewft for $39.99 each.They are in great shape and look very healthy and friendly.The store is trying to turn around in the saltwater department and are starting to bring stuff in once again.

george

Richer
05-31-2005, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up George... my jawfish has been MIA for a couple of weeks now, may be time to get another one :frown:

-Rich

Beverly
06-01-2005, 12:07 AM
Rich,

Sorry to hear about your fish :sad: Any idea what happened to it?

geopod
06-01-2005, 12:25 AM
mine jumped out of the tank at night time and died so I wont be buying another one.I just was sitting tonight watching my tank and my Moorish Idol was eating my zoo's he was picking them off one by one the dirty little bugger.

Richer
06-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Bev,

I have no idea what happened... it was doing great before it vanished. The day before it went MIA, I hand fed it krill via tongs.... there was no sign of illness, and it was the only fish in the tank. The top was very secure (eggcrate with gutterguard on top of it), so there was no way it could have jumped out. I did see a giant bristleworm in there... my best guess is that the jawfish might have gotten stung by it and died that way. :mad:

I may just scrap that tank, go BB and turn it into a frag tank... but I do love jawfish. Hopefully they'll have some when I stop by there tonight or tomorrow.

Anyways, 40 bucks for a yellowhead is a steal... most places around here charge at least double :eek: . If someone from here doesn't get at least one of them, it'd be a darn shame :confused:

Any idea if the guy with the bad teeth still works there? I'm out with my GF tonight and she refuses to go into that store because of him :lol:

-Rich

Beverly
06-01-2005, 12:44 AM
AFAIK, he's still there, but it might be his day off. Husband doesn't like shopping there either :razz:

geopod
06-01-2005, 03:57 AM
thats John everyone says the same thing....But yes he works all week.

Murminator
06-01-2005, 02:56 PM
where is this store???? I've never heard of it

Beverly
06-01-2005, 03:12 PM
It's on Stony Plain Rd, just west of 150 St, on the north side. New owners took it over a year or so ago. Now called Evolution of Pets, but probably still has the KOI Petshop signs on the front of the store.

When I first got into SW, bought LR and some livestock from them. They seemed to be the only store in the city where SW stuff could be found. Sure have gone downhill since those old days :sad:

medic_eva
06-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Now called Evolution of Pets, but probably still has the KOI Petshop signs on the front of the store.

it does have the sign for the koi still, can't miss it. it's beside Wee Book Inn. if yer heading west on stoney, it's on your left hand side in the strip mall one block west of the Domo.