PDA

View Full Version : New Bangaiis on the way

canadawest
05-03-2002, 12:30 AM
For those of you who wanted to wait until the next brood, well my male is holding eggs again. Next brood should hatch in about 3 weeks, and will be ready for new homes 6-8 weeks after that.

Three months out is long way ahead to plan, but just wanted to let those who were interested last time know there are more on the way. smile.gif

Reef_Ready
05-04-2002, 10:22 PM
Those guys are prolific little buggers aren't they?

Hey Andrew, my guy is doing great. He's (she) is about twice the size from when I pick em up.

Sushiman
06-08-2002, 08:54 PM
Hey Andrew, my two are huge & happy. Thanks for the great fishies ;)
Todd. tongue.gif

canadawest
06-10-2002, 04:51 AM
Great to hear the updates guys!

Unfortunately my male has resorted to aborting the last brood he was carrying, so no new babies for me for a while longer I suspect.

Perhaps he didn't want to be pregnant during the summer? :rolleyes:

canadawest
07-09-2002, 06:39 PM
Well my male Bangaii has been very difficult the past couple months. He's held eggs three times in the past three months, and aborted each time.

Not sure if it's the temperature changes, or perhaps just a seasonal thing as my previous three sucessful broods were all born between Nov-Jan. :confused:

So for now there are no new babies available, but I will post when I finally get some little ones in the nursery tank. Right now it's just too frustrating to see him holding eggs, sometimes for over a week, then one day noticing they are gone! :mad:

mutabaruka
07-10-2002, 04:10 AM
Ok, May 2 ..... plus 3 weeks, that's oh geez where's my calculator? Then another 6 to 8 weeks after that .... that's Dec 2004? I dunno, anyway, when they babies are ready I would DEFINITELY be interested, big time!

Thanks!