PDA

View Full Version : baby bristle worms available.

smokinreefer
07-05-2002, 10:20 PM
hey guys,

the caulerpra in my refugium is growing nicely and i have begun pruning it quite often. i was looking through the caulerpra that i toss out and i noticed a bunch of small bristleworms in it. i tried to pick some out, but since i know i have lots in my tank already i decided it wasnt worth my time.

but if you are in need of baby bristle worms, and dont mind picking through caulerpra for it, you are more than welcome to them.

what i will do is, whoever shows interest, i will let you know when i am going to prune the refugium, you can come over and i will give you the caulerpra. you can then go home with it and spend your evening picking for bristle worms!! woohoo!!

i do suggest picking them out and not dumping the caulerpra in your system, as there may be other critters in there as well, including pods and flatworms. tho they have declined in numbers they are still present in my system.

keep in mind, these are baby bristleworms, so dont expect to find any huge honking mothers in there. and of course, i cant guarantee how many you will find in a big hunk of caulerpra.

Skimmerking
07-06-2002, 11:12 PM
how much do you have and would you send down on a bus to Brandon.

smokinreefer
07-07-2002, 01:05 AM
well, it just depends on how much i thin out my refugium. and again these are just baby bristle worms...i dont think its worth the effort involved to get it out to you.

and i know when i forget to toss the stuff out it gets smelly real quick...with the long bus ride and the heat, i think you would be in for a nastyt surprise by the time it got to you.

ultimatley it is your decision, if you pay for shipping i can try and get some to you.

probably a couple regular sized fish bags full.

choglund
07-08-2002, 05:00 PM
Shao:

Would you mind if I showed some interest? I need a little help getting my tank going again.

Thanks,
Cheryl

Jayson
07-08-2002, 07:12 PM
Mike they will not suvive the shipping to Brandon.

christyf5
07-08-2002, 07:27 PM
Hey Shao, I'd like to get some from ya but it probably won't be until the next meeting. Hey people, hurry up and plan a july/early august meeting!! :D

Christy smile.gif

smokinreefer
07-08-2002, 07:30 PM
no problem girls.

just let me know atleast a week in advance, the earlier the better. so that i dont prune the refugium before you guys come by. hmmm...maybe i will feed the refugiummore and get the little buggers to grow a bit bigger.

StirCrazy
07-08-2002, 07:31 PM
when is your next harvest planned for? :D

Steve

smokinreefer
07-08-2002, 07:39 PM
...i just did the other day.

you'll be here on thursday right? i'll see what i can do.

StirCrazy
07-08-2002, 07:48 PM
cool, thanks

Steve

Dorkel Marine 1
07-09-2002, 04:40 AM
I would definetly like to browse thru some of your caulerpa for some bristle worms. Thanks George.