PDA

View Full Version : re: Cleaner shrimps/wrasse

mid-island reef
05-27-2005, 04:57 AM
Cleaner shrimp are pretty good at removeing parasites from most fish. They are also excellent scavengersand seem to live forever in captivity. Cleaner wrasse however ONLY eat parasites and in my exerience only live a short time in captivity.

Are you sure you have ICH? It may have spread on to a secondary or 3rd infection by now.

Just my 2 cents worth ...

Cheers

reefnut
05-27-2005, 05:08 AM
Are you sure you have ICH? It may have spread on to a secondary or 3rd infection by now.

what do you mean?never heard of this before.

mid-island reef
05-27-2005, 05:38 AM
well like most diseases, it starts as one thing and as the immune system deteriorates it can cause a secondary infection , ect ...

Make sence?

Gizmo
05-27-2005, 06:03 AM
Cleaner wrasse however ONLY eat parasites and in my exerience only live a short time in captivity.

I must of had a weird one, he ate EVERYthing I put in the tank (special blend of mysis w/ cyclopleeze) :biggrin:

Snappy
05-28-2005, 03:46 AM
Cleaner wrasse however ONLY eat parasites and in my exerience only live a short time in captivity.

I must of had a weird one, he ate EVERYthing I put in the tank (special blend of mysis w/ cyclopleeze) :biggrin:
The one's that I have had will eat anything from flakes to frozen, however I only seem to get about 4-5 months out of them before they just one day disappear.
Greg