PDA

View Full Version : Sick Kole Tang

gerrygab
05-26-2005, 07:07 AM
My Kole Tang has been eating great! I have had him for 2or 3 monyhs now. In the last week or so I noticed his skin has a whitish haze on it, not spots or anything , he looks faded almost a bleached appearance. Any suggestions. I feed him mysis, prime reef, and i ran out of Phytoplex about 2 weeks ago.( that could be the problem) Any Idias??

bulletsworld
05-26-2005, 04:32 PM
In the last week or so I noticed his skin has a whitish haze on it, not spots or anything , he looks faded almost a bleached appearance.

Hi Gerry,

Before any suggestions.... Can you give more info..
Can you give us a picture of this whitish haze? Does it appear like its peeling off. Is it slimy? Or is it a shiny on the scales?

Can you include a picture? Also list tankmates, if they have any signs, anything appear on the fins and if you noticed any flashing (rubbing against sand/rocks) Also what your water readings (PH, Nitrate, Nitrite, Ammonia, temp, etc) at?

:mrgreen:

AJ_77
05-26-2005, 07:24 PM
You don't mention anything in the diet about green foods: algae, nori, spirulina flake, etc. I'm hoping it eats mainly along these lines - or it may be malnourished. The bristletooth tangs are grazers, and phytoplex isn't meant for fishes - it's more coral/clam food.

To stay healthy these fish need greens, greens, greens. :biggrin:

(you can check the Tang FAQ's at wetwebmedia.com for more info)

bulletsworld
05-26-2005, 07:42 PM
VERY GOOD POINT! :wink:

And a very good observation if I may add.

:mrgreen:

Willow
05-26-2005, 07:44 PM
my kole is fat as a wee little piggy, he wont go neer the nori as much as i try and hang out for him, im now trying some formula two with better success.

Doug
05-26-2005, 07:59 PM
my kole is fat as a wee little piggy, he wont go neer the nori as much as i try and hang out for him, im now trying some formula two with better success.

:biggrin: Mine is scared of the nori on the clip. It sneaks up on it, then swims away.

Gerry, If it wont eat any of the clip algaes, feed it some spirolina flakes as its staple greens. I like the OSI brand.