PDA

View Full Version : pvc glue, how long do I wait??

reefsurfer
05-22-2005, 06:35 PM
I did my plumbing yesterday and I want to know if theres a special proceidure to clean out toxins or a certain amount of time i should wait before I add water to the system or can I just go ahead??
Thanks in advance.

vanreefer
05-22-2005, 08:37 PM
doing some plumbing next week and would also be interested in other peoples opinions/experiences
Thanks,

Aquattro
05-22-2005, 09:59 PM
If you did it yesterday, you're good to go. I like to wait 12 hours ideally, but I've run water thru joints taht wer less than an hour old. although I've had no troubles doing this, I'd still aim for the 12 hours. Try to get some air thruough the plumbing also, just to clear the fumes.

reefsurfer
05-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the tip.

Nemo
05-22-2005, 10:47 PM
I have run water through within 10 minutes, and never had a problem. If you try to undo a joint you just put together it will not come apart. PVC glue sets right away, the only concern you may have is the contact with the glue and water.
I have checked glue in contact with water and it hardens almost right away, so I was not concerned

Richer
05-22-2005, 10:58 PM
I plumbed up my tank and had water running through it 5 minutes later... all my livestock placed into the tank 5 minutes after that. No problems what so ever :razz:

-Rich