PDA

View Full Version : another Question about Sun Corals

Skimmerking
05-21-2005, 11:44 PM
i have one that i bought off a guy here which was almost dead and now i have like 10 heads on it doing much better can i feed it cyclops breeze too . And before i was feeding it with baby brine and a few of the heds was getting food is that enough or does all of them need to eat.

P.S how many times to you guys and gals feed your's
mike

doublette
05-22-2005, 12:45 AM
We have two sun corals in our tank. They get fed mysis shrimp two times a week. It is my understanding that every head needs to be fed.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-22-2005, 12:48 AM
They'll usually eat anything they can catch. Try squirting some "juice" on them, wait 5-10 minutes till the heads open, then squirt the real food around. I think each head has to eat since they don't share a "bodY', just a hard skeleton. I made the mistake of trying to rescue a dying sun coral & it's done better but always looks crappy unless the heads happen to be out. I find the heads out late at night or early morning, if you don't want to wait for them to open at reg. feeding time.

Anthony

KrazyKuch
05-22-2005, 01:48 AM
You have to feed each head seperatly!!!!

Mysis works great!!!

whaase
05-22-2005, 01:56 AM
I used to feed each one, now I usually feed the tank some cyclo-peeze first, mine will open within 5-10 minuts, then I dump in some mysis and brine shrimp.. they always seem to get some, and they are over a year old now.

http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16066

Just scoll down a bit.

Walter

BCOrchidGuy
05-22-2005, 04:33 AM
I used to kind of spot feed, a baster type thing with frozen brine and chopped up mysis soaked in selco with some phyto etc... If you baste the area most heads will get some food, I found them to be voracious eaters though and they could eat more than I could feed it seemed.

Doug