PDA

View Full Version : Gold Stripe Bully?

doch
05-18-2005, 01:28 AM
So, I know that Maroons, and apparently Gold Stripe specifically are the most aggressive of the clowns. I have a phenomenal looking Gold stripe (about 2 inches) that is kind of the center piece to my tank (along with RBTA) She (am I wrong to assume it to be female???) doesn't bother any other fish except my yellow wrasse... orchid dottyback hangs out right beside her and the RBTA and no problems, but if the Wrasse comes near that anemone... WATCH OUT!!!! Is this a sign of things to come? I've heard recently that as they grow they get grumpy... anyone out there have GSMC's? Good? Bad? Let me know!!! Thanks!

Willow
05-18-2005, 02:32 AM
mine was a grumpy ol' coral bulldozer and very territorial.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-18-2005, 03:14 AM
It'll also depend on what size tank you have but maroons are real terrors sometimes & mine killed a fox & 2 frogspawn mother colonies :evil: by literally chucking them all over the tank.

Anthony

EmilyB
05-18-2005, 06:47 AM
Just get her a small male and all of her aggression will be focused on continual egg-laying and making him babysit. :mrgreen:

doch
05-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Am I wrong in assuming her to be female considering that I only have the one?

IslandReefer
05-18-2005, 12:00 PM
yes you are right ,should be a girl by now. My Marroon never bothers anything EXCEPT she bulldozes LR /corals about the RBTA and for god sake don't swim near it! :rolleyes: :smile: . I think I will take Debs advice and get her a man!
good luck