PDA

View Full Version : Surge Device

titus
05-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Hello,

Wondering how many have one of these, or use an electronic wave maker.

Titus

Delphinus
05-17-2005, 03:28 PM
I am a fan of dump surges (Borneman style or Carlson style). That said I don't have any on my tanks right now but I'd like to put one or two on again one day (I did once try a Borneman surge, but couldn't get it tuned quite right so I gave up on it, I will probably try again some day though).

In the meantime I use a wavemaker on the powerheads.

danny zubot
05-17-2005, 04:42 PM
I would love to have a surge tank but the drawback is that they are quite a space consuming device. Right now I don't even have a wave maker but its coming in the near future.

TrailFish
05-17-2005, 06:08 PM
I currently use a Tunze Stream with controler (dialed waaaay back, because of the size of my tank) in conjuction with a Red Sea wavemaker pro. to control various power heads.

When I upgrade to a larger tank, I'll likely dump the Rea Sea and go with a seaswirl or other. I've alway been interested in a Carlson type device and may experiment with one in the future (I've already got some plastice toilet parts to play with).

Rikko
05-17-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm running a Borneman flush with a 10 gallon tank on the canopy (it doubles as a fuge). It dumps about 4 gallons of water every 58 seconds. I love it.

StirCrazy
05-18-2005, 01:47 AM
Hello,

Wondering how many have one of these, or use an electronic wave maker.

Titus

I used to but I have found I get better growth and such with no change in water movement except for increasing it and dispersing it through out the tank.

Steve