PDA

View Full Version : Email delays

Willito
05-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Has anyone else experienced email delays from Canreef since it was came back online. I am not talking 10-15 mins, but hours and sometimes the entire day. I've verified that all settings at my end and also with my IPS are correct. I know Canreef swithed server but did something else change as well? :confused:

whaase
05-17-2005, 02:04 PM
I got the same thing here.

Walter

Has anyone else experienced email delays from Canreef since it was came back online. I am not talking 10-15 mins, but hours and sometimes the entire day. I've verified that all settings at my end and also with my IPS are correct. I know Canreef swithed server but did something else change as well? :confused:

muck
05-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Check the proper forum... :mrgreen:

http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16593

Aquattro
05-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Check the proper forum... :mrgreen:

http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16593

moved to proper forum

titus
05-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Hello,

If I find out anything I will let you guys know but so far I have been getting e-mails on time.

Titus

Delphinus
05-17-2005, 03:51 PM
There is definitely something weird with emails directed to Shaw accounts. I noticed it myself the other day when I used my shaw account. Notifications came a day late. My hotmail account, on the other hand, gets emails instantaneously.

whaase
05-17-2005, 04:38 PM
My emails from other places (ie. RC) come almost instantly, from work, they take seconds... not sure why... not sure how it's a shaw thing if everything else works? Does anyone have the same problems with Telus and Canreef?

Walter

Willito
05-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Tony, I think you maybe right, that something's wrong with SHAW email relaying. When I spoke to a Shaw tech this morning, he said it may have something to do with where the servers are being routed thru. Do you know if any routing has been changed since Canreef came back online? Personally I think it's at Shaw end, some of my other non-canreef emails are also delayed. Need to talk to them again.

AJ_77
05-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Shaw seems to be constantly server-challenged. They seem to like to make it difficult for other ISPs to work with or thru them...

buggers. other people i've spoken with think they're just incompetent...

Jim? ("Don't get me started...") :smile:

Rikko
05-17-2005, 07:56 PM
The trick is to batter their front line tech support with jargon so they get confused and move you along to someone with training and knowledge.. THEN you can start to get things solved.

titus
05-18-2005, 01:05 AM
Hello,

Nothing has been found to be not working.

Titus

Willito
05-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Apparently an ongoing issue with Shaw that still hasn't resolved. Emails are still coming in sporadically and it's so frustrating.

Aquattro
05-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Apparently an ongoing issue with Shaw that still hasn't resolved. Emails are still coming in sporadically and it's so frustrating.

They had this issue 6 years ago when the started the Internet stuff, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a resolution any time soon :-)