PDA

View Full Version : Do we ever have "meets"?

outtafocus
05-17-2005, 03:21 AM
I am wondering if all of the Calgary ever try to meet up for a few drinks? What about a canreef blitzkreig on one of the LFS?
Just wondering

albert_dao
05-17-2005, 03:48 AM
Heh, last reef meet was about 3-4 months back at Canadian Man's house. Pretty cool. lotta trading and we all got to gawk at the ub3r l33tn3ss of his tank.

danny zubot
05-17-2005, 07:10 PM
What about a canreef blitzkreig on one of the LFS?

You mean like pillage and plunder? :razz:

Seriously though, is it time for another meet and great?

outtafocus
05-19-2005, 03:42 AM
So lets plan it, where when, etc?

Canadian Man
05-19-2005, 06:49 AM
How about another one here! :confused:
Hey wait a minute :rolleyes: It might be a little boring without a tank :razz:

muck
05-19-2005, 06:55 AM

Maybe Chad (fish) could bring his pocket tank this time... :razz: :mrgreen:

AJ_77
05-19-2005, 04:53 PM
I'll come! We can stare at glass blocks. :mrgreen:

Jim Barry
05-20-2005, 01:23 PM
I'll have one if you want to come and look at a tank of only liverock.

:biggrin:

danny zubot
05-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Thats right! Jim you need to have the next one so we can all oogle at you new setup. :biggrin: Hows the tank doing by the way?

outtafocus
05-25-2005, 05:07 AM
So Im guessing that means NO to the meet idea?

danny zubot
05-25-2005, 02:09 PM
Well, I'd host it in my appartment but if half the number of people show up as the last one at Jon's we'd all be sholder to sholder in my place. :mrgreen: There must have been over 50 people there.

Cap'n
05-25-2005, 02:54 PM
So Im guessing that means NO to the meet idea?

Are you volunteering to host and organize?

outtafocus
05-25-2005, 10:05 PM
I am in the same situation as Danny Zubot, I have no room for more than a handful of people.

Going for drinks or meeting at a LFS takes nothing to organize so if there is interest I'd like to meet some of you.

Snappy
05-29-2005, 07:19 AM
If all else fails I can host a meet at my place. I don't have a seperate fish room or such and very little to trade or sell, but my place can be an option for a get together. I just have a little 130 gal free standing tank started in Sept 04 but if the crowd's not too fussy it could be a simple meet'n'greet, bringing whatever you want to trade or sell with whoever. We could even make it a BBQ. I could do up one of my almost famous roasts if the interest is there and depending on the amount of people wanting to attend. I also think people should be required to bring their personal tank photos to play show & tell with.
Maybe on a Friday night or Sat later in June? Let me know.
Greg

EmilyB
05-29-2005, 08:34 PM
ROAST - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :cool:
we've had a couple summer meets, same problem is space with so many new people. :eek:

Doesn't help I filled up the basement with tanks....

Maybe in July around Jim's schedule since he is close by. Possibly staggered arrival times. I do love making that crab dip.....

danny zubot
05-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Hey Greg, haven't heard from you in a while, hows the tank running? Your place is definately big enough for a meet and great. Jun sounds good for me but July is "new baby month" :biggrin: so I can't promise anything then. :confused:

AJ_77
05-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Maybe on a Friday night or Sat later in June? Let me know.
Greg
Count me in. :cool: Sounds great Greg, thanks for the kind offer! Are spouses included in this shindig?

If Jim Barry wants to host too, there's always August. :biggrin:

Snappy
05-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Hey Danny,
The tank is doing ok. Several changes since you were last here. I actually just tore it all down a week ago so I could catch a couple of undesirables, so I assume it is cycling itself at present with the latest set up. Yes I guess I can fit a few people in at my place however I have a very basic set-up so it may not be too thrilling for some of the crowd to view. But I'm game to host a meet if people want to have one. July is out for me as well so I would like it to be in June, maybe on the 3rd or 4th weekend. I will check with my spousal unit to see which is best.
Congrats on the baby!!! :smile: :biggrin:
Hi Al, of course your better half is invited. I am inviting my wife so I would expect everybody else would bring a guest.
So it sounds like at least 2 reefers are coming for sure. Maybe 3 as I was unsure what Emily meant in her message other than she likes roast.
Greg

danny zubot
05-30-2005, 05:55 PM
It doesn't matter what status your tank is at Greg, for the record I think its pretty cool. If you want to make it official make an announcment in a new thread in the Calgary forum. (Pending spousal approval of course :mrgreen: )

Snappy
05-31-2005, 04:10 PM
new thread up and running