PDA

View Full Version : Gorgonian in trouble

corper
05-15-2005, 08:28 PM
I thought that something was eating my gorgonian at night so I have been monitoring after dark. NOTHING!! :mad: No inverts or fish touched this thing, but the sores (what I thought were bite marks) are getting bigger, right down to the skeleton and their's more apearing. Anyone have a similar problem. Everything else in the tank is thriving from what I can tell. The gorgonian was totally healthy three days ago, then just all of a sudden :sad: .

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Gorgonians are notoriously difficult to keep alive for extended periods of time in captivity. I don't think we have mastered their nutritional requirements yet. I tried twice with blue gorg. using rotifers, phyto, bbs & other particulate matter but to no avail. :cry: BTW what type is it? If its a photosynthetic one, then those usually do better but I believe that non-photo. species require a large, well-stocked in-line refugium to do well. Once they start to decline, they often continue to melt away. Good luck with yours.

JME

Anthony

corper
05-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Thanks. It's photosynthetic. It has been really easy to keep up until this point, I don't know what happened. It had already grow half an inch and was starting to get new branches. I guess all I can do is wait and see if it recovers :frown: .

DEAD_BY_DAWN
05-15-2005, 09:42 PM
You might want to try cutting off the dead areas down to the healthy growth

vanreefer
05-15-2005, 11:52 PM
I agree cut off the dead parts so it doesn't spread

johnny rock
05-18-2005, 12:43 PM
''its photosynthetis'' sorry but gorgs eat and we do not know what really consists of there diet. gorgs are EXTREMLY hard to keep and even the ones that survive know one nows why. :sad: