PDA

View Full Version : Help with CPR bacpac skimmer

Beermaster
05-14-2005, 02:47 AM
Sorry if i posted in the wrong forum!

I purchaced a used CPR skimmer, and set it up on the tank, now what lol

I am not getting any bubbles into the collection cup (should i be) the collection cup in moveable, i can adjust it up and down

sorry for the newbie questons, but i am a newbie this is my first salt tank and i am learning

the tank has been cycling for 2 months now and i just put the skimmer on today, i am having quite the ditaom(sp) alge bloom, my sand looks gross and the glass is now getting covered as well

I have 1 96W 12000k daylight PC and 1 antinic 96w PC running right now

thx for any help in this matter

Beer~

Aquattro
05-14-2005, 03:11 AM
Sorry if i posted in the wrong forum!

Nah, you're getting good at this stuff!! :razz:

TNTCanada
05-14-2005, 03:28 AM
Slide the collection cup down and turn up the bubbles. It takes a little getting used to. You should get really dark as in black dark green water in the collection cup if it isn't really dark you will have to move the cup up or turn down the bubbles

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Tyler

cc_bruno
05-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Tyler's right. You'll know when you got it right, as it will pull a ton-o-crap out. I have one on my 33 gallon... works like a charm and cleaning the collection cup is so easy and quick that it get's done almost every day, (ok, so I forget some days :biggrin: ).

Robert

EmilyB
05-14-2005, 08:03 PM
I had the CPR Bakpak 2R - don't know if that's the same model but I kept cup up so it was just at the level the bubbles were forming. Never had to adjust it, and it worked great. As I recall tho, it did take some time to break in.