PDA

View Full Version : %&*#$% Bike thieves!!

Aquattro
05-14-2005, 01:58 AM
Had my bike stolen from work today(along with 4 others). Just p*sses me off!! I hope they get hit by a car riding away!! Twice! :evil:

Delphinus
05-14-2005, 02:16 AM
Geeez that really sucks! :frown: Sorry to hear that.

StirCrazy
05-14-2005, 02:46 AM
From work, that real sucks I though you brought it inside with you?

I know about 2 months ago some one stole my little ones bike right off our front step, it has been parked there for 2 years befor this) cost me not nearly as much as yours will. you getting it covered under insurance?

Steve

Aquattro
05-14-2005, 02:48 AM
From work, that real sucks I though you brought it inside with you?

They cut thru a secure bike cage, cut the locks and made off with 5 bikes!

Troy F
05-14-2005, 02:49 AM
Damn.

No ______ respect. Tougher crime lesgislation is needed.

My day wasn't much better, Jesus broke my new skimmer.

Aquattro
05-14-2005, 02:55 AM
I'm just glad I changed my mind about taking my road bike to work today, or I'd be out hunting now!!

how'd you break your skimmer?

rickjames
05-14-2005, 03:01 AM
That sucks dude.... and less then a month more you would have been storing your bike there....
:evil:

Troy F
05-14-2005, 03:02 AM
One dog outside, one dog inside sitting next to me. Maggie (outside) barks and Jesus takes off running...right into the skimmer. It's all fixable but still wanted to strangle him.

No where near as bad as your day. Right now the little sons of (cough) are sitting smokin' (essentially) your bike.

Aquattro
05-14-2005, 03:04 AM
That sucks dude.... and less then a month more you would have been storing your bike there....
:evil:

Tell me a bout it. I was kinda stunned, looking around for the hidden cameras, casue it had to be a joke, right?

Beverly
05-14-2005, 03:06 AM
Sorry to hear about all the misfortune :sad: But, dang, today's Friday 13th :eek:

Aquattro
05-14-2005, 03:06 AM
Sorry to hear about all the misfortune :sad: But, dang, today's Friday 13th :eek:

the worst part??? I had to bus home, and I had no money on me!! :razz:

Jaws
05-14-2005, 03:07 AM
Sorry Brad. I didn't realize the bike was yours. I'll return it tomorrow for ya. :evil:

No really though. That sucks. Hope you find the son of a bitch that did it so you can place his head in your spokes and go for a long ride. You had a pretty nice bike too didn't ya?

Aquattro
05-14-2005, 03:08 AM
Jason, ya, it was my mountain bike, but still nice. Worth about a grand.

roclimber
05-14-2005, 03:33 AM
sorry to hear that dude, i could feel your pain since mine was stolen a couple years ago.

if i ever found out the guy who stole my bike.....i would chain him to my bike while riding downhill at the mountain.

trilinearmipmap
05-14-2005, 03:34 AM
We need a U.S. style justice system with elected judges, stiff sentences, and "three strikes and you're out" laws.

The scum who stole your bike probably have been arrested and charged dozens of times and let go without any significant prison sentence.

Edmonton Eskimo
05-14-2005, 03:43 AM
this stolen bike thing makes me think of a funny story from when I was a kid. I had my bike stolen from school and my parents thought I ditched it hoping for a new bike and sure enough a couple months later I see some kid riding my bike so I chase him for about three blocks and I finally catch him. His story is his dad bought it for him. I knew it was my bank thanks to the snazzy spray paintjob I had given it so I go with this kid to his house and it turns out he bought it from a police auction of stolen bikes! Burn for me :eek:

Aquattro
05-14-2005, 03:47 AM
I suspect inthis case, some guy sat inthe get-away van while the kids working for him grabbed the bikes. They're probably all on the ferry by now heading to market.
If I ever see it and catch it, I'll certainly have a talk with the fellow. :razz:

Rikko
05-14-2005, 04:10 AM
I think I read that Syria castrates convicted rapists.. Not sure why I just thought of that, but it makes you think what can be done with bike thieves..

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-14-2005, 05:35 AM
Well, according to Moslem law, if you steal something & get caught, they cut off your hand. In Singapore, they hang drug smugglers. I think that would be a good deterrent. I've had a 2 almost new mountain bikes stolen back in my University days :evil: :evil: & now I never leave my bike anywhere unless its locked up inside at home or locked on my bike rack on the CR-V. In an emergency, I'll lock the frame & take my front wheel with me. I HATE bike thieves!!!! Brad, if you find the guy, I'll "talk" to him with you.

My friend & I once caught a car thief trying to steal his car & the officer who answered our call told us that we would have been better off not calling the cops & taking out back & .... (you get the picture)

Anthony

Willow
05-14-2005, 06:12 AM
it dosent help when they make bike locks you can open with a bic pen.

Aquattro
05-14-2005, 06:41 AM
it dosent help when they make bike locks you can open with a bic pen.

I didn't have one of those ones! Regular cable w/key. They cut thru the cable....

EmilyB
05-14-2005, 06:47 AM
take that you exercise freaks.... :lol: :razz:

Aquattro
05-14-2005, 06:50 AM
take that you exercise freaks.... :lol: :razz:

It's OK, I have another bike..... :razz:

rickjames
05-14-2005, 01:16 PM
So Brad I expect to see your bike at your desk from now on? Or just store it at Mr. Sickie's desk! :mrgreen:

Aquattro
05-14-2005, 02:53 PM
So Brad I expect to see your bike at your desk from now on? Or just store it at Mr. Sickie's desk! :mrgreen:

Ya, since I'll have to ride my good bike, it'll be attached to my desk.

Going over my insurance, it looks like I might have a $500 limit on bikes. Which is stupid. My fish are covered for 5k, but not my bikes :rolleyes:

christyf5
05-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Man Brad, that sucks. Oh the lengths thieves will go to. A friend of mine up in Campbell River got her bike stolen as well. She managed to find it at a pawn shop though so she got it back :rolleyes:

Aquattro
05-14-2005, 03:05 PM
This grab seems too well planned to be agrab and pawn thing. It's probably in pieces now. I'll check the pawn shops though...

christyf5
05-14-2005, 03:06 PM
yeah it sounds pretty professional, either that or they've been watching too many crime shows like that CSI kid down in the states :razz:

StirCrazy
05-14-2005, 03:18 PM
We need a U.S. style justice system with elected judges, stiff sentences, and "three strikes and you're out" laws.

now thats funny, you realy think they are any better than us at deturing crime.. from what I have seen, nope.

Steve

titus
05-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Hello,

Sorry to hear about that. Just curious why use a cable when those U shaped ones are just as easy to use?

Maggie (outside) barks and Jesus takes off running...right into the skimmer. It's all fixable but still wanted to strangle him.
:rolleyes: Moments with dogs....

Going over my insurance, it looks like I might have a $500 limit on bikes. Which is stupid. My fish are covered for 5k, but not my bikes
You have insurance for aquarium?! What do they cover?

Titus

Aquattro
05-14-2005, 03:27 PM
Titus, I had the cable lock for years now, it ws lighter and easier to carry around. ALthough the thieves are running around with liquid nitrogen these days, so the u locks get broken just as easily.

My insurance covers animals and plants (and plant-animals) under it's specified perils coverage, I recall. Loss from fire, impact, accident, things like that. Not if I forget to add salt to the water or anything like that though :razz: