PDA

View Full Version : AB 250w 10kk DE bulb explodes - UPDATE

EmilyB
05-13-2005, 06:03 AM
Anyone ever have this happen? I bought three and one exploded a few weeks later.

No, I didn't put fingerprints on it....... :mrgreen:

Anyway, apparently the AB warranty is unachievable. I didn't even get an email response. My supplier told me they weren't too friendly, and offered to take the hit but I have no desire to do that to them as they have been very good to me.

Anyone had a similar experience ?

Nemo
05-13-2005, 07:10 AM
Anyone ever have this happen? I bought three and one exploded a few weeks later.

Anyway, apparently the AB warranty is unachievable. I didn't even get an email response. My supplier told me they weren't too friendly, and offered to take the hit but I have no desire to do that to them as they have been very good to me.

Any oils on a bulb like that will create a hot spot and allow them to blow. Even if you didn't touch it if it came in contact with something at the factory or at your house it never had a chance

Veng68
05-13-2005, 12:00 PM
That's too bad......... any damage to the tank?

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

StirCrazy
05-13-2005, 12:49 PM

who were you trying to contact for warenty Emily, AB or aquamedic in the US?

Steve

mark
05-13-2005, 03:01 PM
It's a habit of some of the inspectors here to wipe bulbs (1000w projectors) with alcohol before installing.

danny zubot
05-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Is that common with DE bulbs and moguls or just DE? I've had some water drops splash on my Mogul and nothing happened, though I was pretty freaked out.

Gujustud
05-13-2005, 05:00 PM
It's a habit of some of the inspectors here to wipe bulbs (1000w projectors) with alcohol before installing.

What type of alcohol is recommend? General cleaning type? I don't want to waste my Captain Morgans on it ;)

muck
05-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Isopropyl Alcohol or better known as rubbing alcohol. :cool:

mark
05-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Took a look at the sheets that come with a new bulb and it just says alcohol. We do though use Isopropyl.

To bad couldn't use them on my tank, there's something like 40+ still in the box.

EmilyB
05-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Steve, it was Aqua Medic they told me to contact.

StirCrazy
05-14-2005, 01:04 AM
Steve, it was Aqua Medic they told me to contact.

weird, they were pretty good at answering my questions.. but that was a couple years ago.

Steve

EmilyB
05-21-2005, 01:37 AM
Guess what I got in the mail today !!!! :biggrin: :cool:

One happy customer !

christyf5
05-21-2005, 02:48 AM
Woohoo! :cool:

StirCrazy
05-23-2005, 11:22 PM
Guess what I got in the mail today !!!! :biggrin: :cool:

One happy customer !