PDA

View Full Version : My new pico reef!

aquariumgirl
05-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Hey there, just wanted to share with you all my pico reef that I just started a week ago.It's a 0.75 gallon Azoo aquarium, and it has some mushrooms, a candy cane, a zoanthid and a xenia.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/aquariumgirl/Pico-Day-5a.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/aquariumgirl/Pico-Day-5.jpg

christyf5
05-11-2005, 10:31 PM
First off Welcome to Canreef! Where are you from? :biggrin:

Secondly, cute tank :cool: Those things are so neat. I used to have one of those but the evaporation rate was incredible and I just couldn't keep up with it.

Christy :)

aquariumgirl
05-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Hey Christy, Thanks! I'm from Victoria. The tank has only been set up for a week, but I bought a big bottle of water to keep up with replacing evaporation. :smile:

StirCrazy
05-11-2005, 11:08 PM
looks good, welcome to the board. Do you have a small power head or anything in that?

Steve

aquariumgirl
05-12-2005, 01:23 AM
Hey, how come my post was moved?? :confused:
Thanks StirCrazy, no powerhead, all I have is the little filtering system that came with the Azoo kit. The little filtering system suprisingly gives a fairly strong current. Here is an updated picture (I just got a new desk lamp with a 50/50 compact fluorescent)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/aquariumgirl/Pico-Day-6.jpg

aquariumgirl
05-12-2005, 01:24 AM
I guess, the Vancouver Island Reef club doesn't want me to join :cry:

Aquattro
05-12-2005, 01:25 AM
Hey, how come my post was moved?? :confused:

The masked post mover must of struck, and the dummy forgot his "post moved" thingy.

Aquattro
05-12-2005, 01:25 AM
Post moved to Reef

Willow
05-12-2005, 01:27 AM

ive seen this thread in about 4 diffrent forums now.

christyf5
05-12-2005, 01:29 AM
No, no its not that. You are most welcome to be part of the Vancouver Island Reefing Club :biggrin: , not that we have anything formalized but you may want to check out:

http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16471

We mostly use those regional forums for arranging club events and stuff like that. Anything that is about our tanks and stuff is part of the reef forum.

Christy :)

Aquattro
05-12-2005, 01:30 AM
Of course we do, we need you to make us complete!!

Seriously, the purpose of the regional forums is to organize meets, group buys, etc. When you post your cool little tank, we want everyone to see it, not just the Island folks!

so you're in, but you gotta send me a dollar. Just kidding :razz:

aquariumgirl
05-12-2005, 01:45 AM
OOOOkay, it all make sense! I guess I have to do some "how to use forums" learning. Thanks people, I'm very new to using forum :biggrin: Sorry for the tear shedding.

Aquattro
05-12-2005, 01:47 AM
OOOOkay, it all make sense! I guess I have to do some "how to use forums" learning. Thanks people, I'm very new to using forum :biggrin: Sorry for the tear shedding.

No worries, none of us are real good at using this stuff, and we all cry every now and then. You're gonna fit right in.

I see you work at a fishy store? Care to share, or is it secret? :razz:

sumpfinfishe
05-12-2005, 04:08 AM
Wow that's such a great looking pico reef!

Nice work and welcome to Canreef :biggrin:

If your just starting out in SW then you may want to check out the Newbie and Nano forums, there's a ton of info in those two forums alone!

Do you have any inverts for the new cube, like a few hermit crabs or snails to help keep it clean. Goodluck and keeps us updated :biggrin:

StirCrazy
05-12-2005, 04:54 AM

Seriously, the purpose of the regional forums is to organize meets, group buys, etc. When you post your cool little tank, we want everyone to see it, not just the Island folks!

so shoulden't it have been moved to the Nano section then :mrgreen:

Steve

Aquattro
05-12-2005, 04:58 AM
[

Steve

um, ya. Oh well, I'm still practicing this moving stuff around

Willow
05-12-2005, 05:08 AM

Steve

it seems there is a copy of the thread there as well.. this place is chaos tonite.. get out the hamsters! :eek:

Aquattro
05-12-2005, 05:48 AM
get out the hamsters! :eek:

I'm starting to worry about you and these hamsters.... :razz:

aquariumgirl
05-12-2005, 07:28 AM
Hehe, I posted a few of the pictures in the nano reef forum and in the reefcentral forums as well, so, that was my doing. I don't have any inverts other than the coral, mushrooms and polyps (those are inverts as well, biology nut :lol: ) Hopefully in a few days, I'll be ready to put the crawly things in too.

As for which pet store I work for, I won't reveal quite yet, but I'm sure someone will figure it out very quickly. I'll let it linger for a little while.

Aquattro
05-12-2005, 01:25 PM
As for which pet store I work for, I won't reveal quite yet, but I'm sure someone will figure it out very quickly. I'll let it linger for a little while.

That little pico reef is just like the one Cora sells......

Squiddy
05-12-2005, 02:40 PM
I've also seen them at Petcetera :confused:

danny zubot
05-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Welcome to Canreef, Nice nano!
but I bought a big bottle of water to keep up with replacing evaporation.
What size bottle do you stock to keep that bad boy filled? :razz:

sumpfinfishe
05-12-2005, 03:03 PM
With spring temps like we've had, AG better get a 5gl bottle for those hotter summer months :mrgreen:

aquariumgirl
05-12-2005, 05:44 PM
With spring temps like we've had, AG better get a 5gl bottle for those hotter summer months
What size bottle do you stock to keep that bad boy filled?

Hehe, right now I keep a 1.5L bottle and by the looks of it it might only last for two weeks (considering the weather doesn't get warmer). But I think next time I'll get a 4L or two.

I've only had this tank for less than a week, and my co-worker was very nice in helping me get started. This is actually a little project to help me get started in SW and Reef so I can help my co-worker in the SW section at the store.

That little pico reef is just like the one Cora sells......
I've also seen them at Petcetera

Sorry, I don't work at PetCetera :razz: . Who is Cora? I've heard of her but I don't think I've met her :confused:

Aquattro
05-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Well, Japarto sends lots of people here....maybe Safari then?

aquariumgirl
05-12-2005, 07:16 PM

:biggrin: See I knew it wouldn't take long! My name is Andrea by the way, you've probably have seen me in the FW fish room! :wink:

rickjames
05-12-2005, 07:20 PM

:biggrin: See I knew it wouldn't take long! My name is Andrea by the way, you've probably have seen me in the FW fish room! :wink:

Nice tank, and welcome to the board! :biggrin:

You'll probably find that the store you work at is well liked here!

Aquattro
05-12-2005, 07:28 PM

You guys have a FW room? Wow! You may have seen me in the SW fishroom!

aquariumgirl
05-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Haha, we do have a FW room! And I've heard of the name Brad here and there too from various customers, I guess you're well know too! I'm sure Japarto has pointed you out to me, but (I'm so embarassed) I can't remember which one you are. (There is so many of you :confused: ).

Thanks everyone for welcoming me to the forum, I'm having a lot of fun here :biggrin: Thanks again!

outtafocus
05-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Do you have any updated pics of the whole set up? With new desk lamp, I just want to see what kind of lamp it is.

StirCrazy
05-14-2005, 01:00 AM

You guys have a FW room? Wow! You may have seen me in the SW fishroom!

Hmm don't you look at both :mrgreen: although I don't recall a girl named Andrea working in the fish side.. maybe Japarto hired some one with out asking our aproval Brad :mrgreen:

Steve

StirCrazy
05-14-2005, 01:02 AM
I'm sure Japarto has pointed you out to me, but (I'm so embarassed) I can't remember which one you are. (There is so many of you :confused: ).

he's the old ugly guy, kinda crepy looking just sits ther and stares at the coral. :mrgreen:

Oh by the way Welcome to the board.

Steve

rickjames
05-14-2005, 01:50 AM
I'm sure Japarto has pointed you out to me, but (I'm so embarassed) I can't remember which one you are. (There is so many of you :confused: ).

he's the old ugly guy, kinda crepy looking just sits ther and stares at the coral. :mrgreen:

Oh by the way Welcome to the board.

Steve

:onfire: HAHAHA!!!

aquariumgirl
05-14-2005, 03:44 AM
Hey everyone, just thought I'd update you with pictures! I just got some more zoos and two sexy shrimp (thanks rob!! :biggrin:) I think this little tank is max out :neutral: (All the more reason to get another tank :razz: )

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/aquariumgirl/Pico-Day-8.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/aquariumgirl/Pico-Day-8a.jpg

This last picture is for outtafocus. AND DON'T LAUGH AT MY CANOPY OF A TOWEL, hehe. The lamp I bought at London Drugs, it's a Decor desk lamp, 60w. I chose this lamp because it is very flexible, it stands high enough and it sits right behind my filter. I wouldn't have had to put a towel around it, but the compact light sticks out too far (the darn thing :confused: ). Anyway, I kinda like it as long as it doesn't fall it to the tank and soaks up all the water.

Both Steve and Brad should know who I am since I've been working there since october! :confused: You guys and anyone else that comes by the store should say hi, I would like to put faces to the silliness.

Alright, keep the replies coming!

Andrea

Aquattro
05-14-2005, 03:52 AM
Both Steve and Brad should know who I am since I've been working there since october!

October?? And you don't know us yet? sheesh. Have to talk to Japarto about customer relations there!! :razz:

you know me. I come in, look at the front tank, go stand at the SPS tank for a while, talk to Japarto, yap to customers, pet the bunnies on the way out, pretty much every saturday morning. Grey hair, tattoos.....

aquariumgirl
05-14-2005, 04:21 AM
Here is are picture for the salmon king!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/aquariumgirl/Sexy-Shrimp-1.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/aquariumgirl/Sexy-Shrimp-2.jpg

aquariumgirl
05-14-2005, 04:23 AM
opps :cry: sorry Brad, I probably do know you then. Do you like the pictures? :biggrin:

Aquattro
05-14-2005, 04:37 AM
They're great pics. Future Feature tank of the month, I'm thinking. :biggrin:

Willow
05-14-2005, 05:01 AM
i like your tea cozy reflector :razz:

aquariumgirl
05-14-2005, 06:32 AM
i like your tea cozy reflector :razz:
Okay, fine! It looked like a tea cozy, but.......looky, looky! :biggrin:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/aquariumgirl/Pico-Day-8b.jpg
I got my BF to make me a canopy with coroplast I just so happen to have lying around! (It may not be the greatest job, but I really like it :razz: )

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-14-2005, 07:10 AM
& you can even use it to do hand-puppet shows. Multi-functional - I like it.

Welcome to the board.

BTW nice little tank you have there. :biggrin:

Anthony

Salmon King
05-14-2005, 04:13 PM
Woooow nice Setup Andrea you got there. It is weird every time I come to the store you and Japarto are in the store room.I never see you or Japarto in any fish room.Something smells fishy.

Salmon King

StirCrazy
05-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Both Steve and Brad should know who I am since I've been working there since october!

Ok now you got me confused, I think your going to need to give us a hint :mrgreen:

Steve

aquariumgirl
05-15-2005, 03:05 AM
It is weird every time I come to the store you and Japarto are in the store room.I never see you or Japarto in any fish room.Something smells fishy.

I thought when you come down to visit, you're actually volunteering to run the fish rooms for the both of us? :razz:

Ok now you got me confused, I think your going to need to give us a hint
Okay Steve, you're the only one that is falling behind, I'll give you one hint: I wear a Safari Shirt! Just trying to make it easy for you when you come visit :biggrin:

Brad, it was very nice to met you....again :razz:

Oh, Anthony stay tune for an up coming show, :lol: I'll have great pictures for you later!

aquariumgirl
05-15-2005, 05:15 AM
Okay, here is a new picture with an updated canopy of plastic!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/aquariumgirl/Pico-Day-9a.jpg
Can you see my new fishy living in the canopy?

StirCrazy
05-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Brad, it was very nice to met you....again :razz:

Hmmm sounds like Brad was at Safari when he was suposed to be at his house..

Steve

Salmon King
05-15-2005, 05:17 PM
:cool: It sounds like Japarto has added a new victum to his harem.

Salmon King
05-15-2005, 05:20 PM
:cool: :cool: Nice tank.Time to go to a bigger tank.

aquariumgirl
05-16-2005, 02:58 AM
Post subject: Japarto/Andrea show
Japarto/Andrea show? :eek: Actually, it's Rob's show too. It shall be called "The Victorian Reefers", meeting place: Safari Pets and Aquatics.

BCOrchidGuy
05-16-2005, 04:47 AM
You guys need to get out more.... like a road trip to Vancouver

Doug

aquariumgirl
05-19-2005, 04:29 AM
Hehe, sure, I would love to go on a road trip. But now I have to save up some money to set up a five gallon! I think reefing is becoming addictive :eek: By next year, at the rate I'm going, I'll have a dozon nano tanks up and running :lol: I'll have to post some more pictures when the little guy is up and running!

Willow
05-19-2005, 04:39 AM
You guys need to get out more.... like a road trip to Vancouver

Doug

she can't leave, the pico needs a top off ever 3 hours or it will dry out :razz:

BCOrchidGuy
05-19-2005, 03:51 PM
LOL maybe she needs a 2 qt sump to handle auto top offs.

Doug

aquariumgirl
05-20-2005, 12:00 AM
:eek:

Willow
05-20-2005, 12:09 AM
you need to plumb a float valve into this to make your life easier ag.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000959GD.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

aquariumgirl
05-21-2005, 04:40 AM
Alright people, I think I get the joke now :mrgreen: