PDA

View Full Version : pc lighting just looking for opinion

fishguyxd
05-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Well I have looked quite a bit and have decided I might just get a pc fixture 4x65 ( 2 -10000's and 2 actinic) with lunars) I would like to go mh but can't find the fixture and the $$ I 'am looking for. So to start and be able to get into some corals for the first year or so, and until I get some experience. then I 'll have more time find a mh setup. I just want to get a feel for other reef people opinions and confirm on the spsor lps if any I can grow. please and thanks If anyone know of a low profile setup let me know.

:smile:

Richer
05-11-2005, 12:14 AM
How big is your tank? Muck has a PC system for sale right now that is pretty nice. If you really want to go crazy... I have a 2x250w ballast with moguls up for sale right now... (plug plug plug). :lol:

-Rich

Aquattro
05-11-2005, 12:47 AM
moved to reef forum

fishguyxd
05-12-2005, 09:15 PM
So any opinions

muck
05-12-2005, 09:23 PM
So any opinions
If you want to go PC Lighting I would stay away from most SPS as it will most likely all turn brown on you. (been there done that :mrgreen: ) You could definately keep many of the LPS and softies for sure. If you can give us a little more info on what types of coral you would like to keep we might be able to advise you better.

P.S. Thanks for the plug Rich. :lol:

Nemo
05-12-2005, 09:53 PM
I say save your money and get MH, I paid $350.00 for my PC lights, then made the switch to MH and that cost me just under $500.00 and that was all new.

I recomend buying the MH components and putting it together yourself (this is what I did) and it will save you a bundle.

Robert