PDA

View Full Version : Calling Robb Adams

AJ_77
05-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Has anyone heard from Robb? I'm trying to conclude our tank deal, and can't get ahold of him. Not to embarrass anyone (him or me), I understand that life gets crazy sometimes. But...

At what point do you pull the plug and let another buyer have at it? :confused:

danny zubot
05-10-2005, 03:15 PM
How long since you've heard from him?

AJ_77
05-12-2005, 02:42 PM
4 weeks since the deal was made now... :neutral:

felt weird to do this, but...

I found another buyer, and she's quite enthusiastic. :mrgreen:

anyone else have similar experiences?

:confused:

danny zubot
05-12-2005, 02:50 PM
I had a couple of promising bites with my old tank that didn't work out. Its business, what can you do?

Beverly
05-12-2005, 03:22 PM
anyone else have similar experiences?

Yes :confused: In two recent cases I had people who were interested, but did not follow up. I ended up selling my stuff to others. When the first people found out the the items were sold, some were rather miffed. But what could I do? First one with the money to show up is the buyer. That's business.

Aquattro
05-12-2005, 04:40 PM
I'd wait 48 hours, after that, the person with cash gets it. Especially something big like a tank. Can't just have it sitting around the house!

AJ_77
05-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Did someone ever give you a deposit, then not show up even after 4 weeks? :confused:

That is the strangest thing, and my only misgiving about reselling it. But it IS resold, so be it.

muck
05-12-2005, 05:10 PM
He hasn't even contacted you in 4 weeks..?? :eek:
Personally, I would have resold it and would refund his deposit if I ever got a hold of him again. :confused: :rolleyes:

Unless hes paying for storage space... :mrgreen:

danny zubot
05-12-2005, 05:22 PM
I'd wait 48 hours, after that, the person with cash gets it.
Its been 2 days since this was first posted. I think your safe Alan.

AJ_77
05-12-2005, 05:50 PM
He hasn't even contacted you in 4 weeks..?? :eek:
No, there's been sporadic communcation, promises to pickup, etc. But that all came to a halt 11 days ago... no word since. No PM, no email, no phone call.

I've had the deposit for almost a month now. :confused:

But like I mentioned, it's sold again - goin' to Edmonton! :mrgreen:

muck
05-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Im guessing Lee?? :razz:

AJ_77
05-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Im guessing Lee?? :razz:
never mind... :mrgreen:

bulletsworld
05-17-2005, 08:31 PM
Who little Ole MEEE???? :mrgreen: *giggle*

I was wondering about this.....Did the guy ever get a hold of you yet? :eek: Wow, its sure a nice tank you got there. :wink:

I have had in the past when selling items, people not pickup or make promises & not keeping and then later tell me they lost their job, needin more time, expecting me to hold it till their next pay day and then after me callin them several times, feeling like the bad guy, I finally get a hold of them and they have told me they couldn't afford right now, as if they want me to hold longer, leaving me still with the item, alot of headache and I found I lost out on serious buyers that had cash in hand, really wanted it and they ended up buying from somewhere else, by the time the tire kicker got back to me. Now when I sell items I say, PLEASE, NO HOLDS!. Last time after doing that it worked out awesome! And all the "tire kickers" didn't inquire. Only serious inquires! WoOHOOOO!

:mrgreen:

AJ_77
05-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Well, at least I've heard from YOU... :mrgreen:

but not from the first buyer. weird... i hope it doesn't turn into some alien abduction story... :confused:

what can you do? :biggrin:

danny zubot
05-17-2005, 10:45 PM
i hope it doesn't turn into some alien abduction story...

0X: 0X: 0X:

danny zubot
05-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Everything go alright Alan?

AJ_77
05-26-2005, 03:32 AM
So far so good Danny, tank has a new home as of Sunday, and Lee seems really happy. :biggrin: