PDA

View Full Version : Natural way on controling bristle worms

blood_hound
05-04-2005, 10:51 PM
What are the natural ways on controlling bristle worm number in my tank?

Samw
05-04-2005, 10:55 PM
What are the natural ways on controlling bristle worm number in my tank?

My magenta dottyback ate all of the ones in my office nano. But they'll also eat shrimps and decorative worms as well probably.

blood_hound
05-04-2005, 11:20 PM
If it eat shrimp it cannot go to my tank because I have 5 fire blood shrimp in there ,2 cleaner and a peppermint shrimp.And the blood shrimp alone is too much just to end up as a fish food. Is there anything that would eat bristle worm but not my shrimps.

blood_hound
05-04-2005, 11:32 PM
What if I use arrow crab? are they reef safe? will they bother my shrimp?

Aquattro
05-04-2005, 11:50 PM
what you got against bristle worms? :question:

Bob I
05-05-2005, 12:57 AM

Exactly right :exclaim: Why would you want to control some of the best extra food cleaner uppers you could have :question: And finally their numbers are naturally controlled by the amount of food in the tank. :idea:

blood_hound
05-05-2005, 06:41 AM

Exactly right :exclaim: Why would you want to control some of the best extra food cleaner uppers you could have :question: And finally their numbers are naturally controlled by the amount of food in the tank. :idea:

I have nothing against bristle worm. I just think I have too much in my tank.

At first I thought lowering the amount of food that I put in the tank and by increasing the number of my cleanup crew like the shrimp and the hermits will control the bristle worm population in my tank. But I think they multiply much more and I can even see them crawling over my corals. That is why I want to contol their number.

AJ_77
05-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Consider a large cleaner shrimp - they seem to predate the smaller worms.

danny zubot
05-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Or a banded coral shrimp. It might not get along with you fire shrimp though.